What is Your Favorite Word? Why?

My favorite word is laughter. Ever since I was little, people have described me as a person who is always laughing. When people hear the word laugh, they may think of being made fun of, of everyone everyone laughing at them. However, I think of laughing with people, and not having a care in the world. When I laugh, I am enjoying life and picking the good things and emphasizing them over the bad. Laughter allows me to express myself. Others can understand my personality and what my views are.

It conjures up memories of me laughing uncontrollably with friends so much that I can’t breathe and my stomach hurts. Among the long and sometimes tedious hours of the school day, the ability to laugh makes it more endurable. An unexpected consequence of laughter are the friends I have made from it. It has determined what people’s first impressions of me are, especially in times of meeting new people. I am grateful that I laughed a lot in the first days of lunch freshmen year of high school.

Laughter implies smiling. If you can laugh without smiling I applaud you and want to see it. It will make me laugh. I believe in Audrey Hepburn’s quote, “A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear,” because it is beautiful to watch someone enjoy life.

March 5, 2020 2:43 pm

Dear Mary :
I am excited by your post, “Laughter is Beautiful,” because you are not bothered about how people will view you exactly on how you laugh because laughing makes you the happiest.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “When I laugh, I am enjoying life and picking the good things and emphasizing them over the bad. Laughter allows me to express myself.” I think this is inspiring because you might motivate others that are afraid to laugh around people feel like they are free to laugh anywhere they want.
Another sentence that I liked was: “It will make me laugh. I believe in Audrey Hepburn’s quote, “A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear,” because it is beautiful to watch someone enjoy life.” This stood out for me because it really feels great to see other people be happy instead of seeing them look sad.
Have you seen this article? Psychology Today: Laughter I thought you might be interested in this because it talks about laughter might be the happiest people on earth because they always have the best moment.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because sometimes later on I might want to hear from you and see if you have inspired other people.

1
0
()