Follow this link to see this comment in the original context.

I read a post about one of the most inspirational people, a Mexican American Selena Quintanilla. Until this day after 25-26 years, she has been gone, her music is still played and inspires people. Her rise in the music industry symbolized leadership for Latinos around the world.

The Tejano superstar inspired, Christian Serratos who recently embodies Selena in the Netflix series, Selena Gomez, Jennifer Lopez. Did you know Selena Gomez’s named her after the song Como La Flor because they were such big fans. Across many social media platforms, people have said, “Selena showed me how beautiful it is to be Mexican-American and to be proud of it.” “She was magical and taught me you didn’t have to be stick-thin to be beautiful.” Her fans were her everything and the biggest influence on making music.

I personally love my name, because of her. I was not named after her but I was named for it to be easier for my Mexican American family can pronounce my name. Her legacy is forever lived, the queen of Tejano music. The demographic face of California changed for the first time in its modern history. Latios/Latinas have become the biggest ethnic group. They come to California for Opportunities that they did not have in their own mainland. recently vendors on the streets of towns selling corn, chips, shaved ice, are being beaten. Why? They are only trying to make a living like everyone else. How can we put a stop to this?