I think that this image is language discrimination becuase every one should be equal. American doesn’t have an official language, people from all over the world come to America speaking different languages to live a better life. The person that wrote it is a very ignorant person because just because someone is not speaking your language near you it doesn’t mean that the person talking about you. And the person that wrote this needs help with his language because s/he spelled “exceptions” wrong.

August 25, 2021 6:28 pm

I completely agree with your statement regarding discrimination in regards to language in which you titled “language discrimination.” Mainly because it’s incredibly ignorant to judge or assume things about someone because of the language they speak.

One thing you wrote that stands out to me is the fact that the US has no official language. I think this is something very important to recognize given the fact it completely debunks claims stating everyone should know english.

Thank you for writing, I look forward to seeing more about what you say given the fact that you’re against discrimination. Not to mention you make really great points.

Last edited 11 months ago by Israel
November 12, 2020 7:31 pm

I love this post and agree with many things that you said. I also believe that because the United States is usually in the spotlight, compared to other countries, other cultures and languages tend to not be seen as important and relevant. These other cultures and languages are not as appreciated by the world as a whole because they are not in the worldly news as often as the United States is. This is a problem because these other cultures can began to disappear if the world only focuses on one culture (the American culture) all the time.

December 18, 2019 6:25 am

I completely agree with you. People come to America to pursue their American-Dream, but when they get here they don’t have the same opportunities as others do nor do they dominate the english language making it harder on them to learn and communicate. Here is a link related to your post. https://legalaidatwork.org/factsheet/language-discrimination/

3
0
()