person holding revolver

In the article “Key Facts about Americans” by Katherine Schaeffer I learned that many Americans hold different views regarding firearms. Many gun owners in America tend to think that since

they are protected by the Second Amendment and use their weapons for self-defense rather than violence, there should be no restrictions on their use. People in America who do not possess guns claim that all guns increase violence. Political beliefs can influence people’s opinions on weapons. Many Republicans think that since owning a firearm is an essential human right, it should not be restricted. Democrats think that an increase in the number of guns will lead to an increase in gun violence.

The main topic talked about in the article is the different viewpoints on guns and firearms, rather than talking about taking sides. Because so many individuals have different opinions about firearms, this is one of the most talked-about topics in the United States. Opinions may differ based on a person’s gender or if they own a gun or not.

My question is if this is a basic right, then why do others feel that it’s a problem? What are some ways to avoid gun violence in the U.S.?

0
()