In the article,”Key facts about the abortion debate in America”,The central idea is explaining key facts about abortion views.  In support of their central idea, the author writes, “abortion varies substantially depending on such circumstances as when an abortion takes place during a pregnancy, whether the pregnancy is life-threatening or whether a baby would have severe health problems.” . This supports the central idea because Abortions views and abortion law vary from the different circumstances some women face. The author also writes, “Among Republicans, most (68%) say that having an abortion is morally wrong either in most (48%) or all cases (20%).”  This supports their central idea because it shows how abortions have also become a political issue and it also shows how politicians point of views on abortion is affecting women’s right to abortions.  A final piece of evidence that supports their central idea is when the author writes, “Masses regularly are among the country’s strongest opponents of abortion being legal, and they are also more likely than those who attend less frequently to believe that life begins at conception and that a fetus has rights”.  This supports the central idea because religious views affect people’s opinion on abortion.  

My reaction to these statistics is not that surprising especially when it comes to the statistics on religious people. I’ve seen in the media how much people of religion hate the idea of killing a fetus.I think that abortion is not a topic that should be in a right or wrong category. People who have different points of view on abortions shouldn’t tell people that have them that what they did was wrong because they don’t know that person’s situation on why they needed or wanted to get the procedure. The information helps with my research because it demonstrates shows actual data  from different groups of people not just a one sided group.

As I learn more about why abortion rights are being overturned?

0
()