Since the last time I read my book I have been wondering who was shot. When katniss and peeta were on a victory tour katniss went back to get her flowers and witness a man get shot. Katniss and Peeta are brought back to a different room and both hear two other gunshots. The author doesn’t tell the readers who were shot. But overall the book is getting really good. 

The first couple pages of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins might leave a reader feeling intrigued because the book starts off from where they ended. An example of this is on page 1.  “If a pack of wild dogs were to appear at this moment, the odds of scaling a tree before they attacked are not in my favor.”This is intriguing because it doesn’t let the reader lose interest in the book.

So far, the character Katniss in Hunger Games Catching Fire might remind a reader of the story in another book. In The Giver the setting is in a town that is dystopian. In both settings the rulers or government consider their country utopian. Both Katniss and Jonas are just trying to make their country better. Both of them rebelled against their government. Although they both are going through something different they have similar thoughts.After this part of the book, most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because of what president Snow had said to katniss. He had threatened Katniss to kill her loved ones and her. Katniss now has to be careful of what she does because Snow is watching everything that she does. What’s probably going to happen next is she is not going to die in this book. There would be no third book if she died in this one. I think something bad happens in the districts because the book is so long.

Samantha Massart
Samantha Massart
April 29, 2021 6:42 pm

I love this and I can’t wait tooo

April 29, 2021 6:40 pm

can you tell me how to freind

Kaimea
November 9, 2020 1:22 am

Dear Heather,
I am interested by your post because your questions about what has happened so far in this book were very interesting, and they were things that I had never thought of or realized while reading this book.
One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Both Katniss and Jonas are just trying to make their country better. Both of them rebelled against their government” I think this is intelligent because after reading your points, I agree that Katniss and Jonas are alike, I can see how their environments and thoughts are similar. Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have very good reasoning.

Hi Heather, I agree that the setting of the Hunger Games is indeed a dystopian society like The Giver. I believe that Suzanne Collins left the identity of the person who was shot a mystery because it could then become whomever the audience believed it was. It didn’t matter who died, just that someone did. I would love to see more of a connection between the Giver and Hunger Games Trilogy. Are there any more connections between Katniss and Jonas in the way that they behave? Do any of the side characters in the book match each other? Why are both books considered dystopian, is it because of the oppressor’s power, or the people’s refusal to see the problem? I would love to see your thoughts on these questions!

As a Hunger Games fan, I’m glad to read this response! I believe the author did well in engaging the readers throughout the series. There wasn’t a time that I wasn’t intrigued by the story. Generally, when writers create a dystopian universe, they are imagining what our world will look like in the future. Some might argue that how we currently live with COVID could be an example of a dystopian universe. How do you think COVID has changed our world drastically? What do you see the next five years of society looking like? Will the rich thrive from easily accessible medical access and the poor left to “fend for themselves? Consider these questions in your next response!

5
0
()