Juuling in school has become more prevalent as the days pass. Kids pass their Juuls within their group to “hit it” from class to class. Teens are unaware of vaping’s consequences that could lead to mental and physical trauma, scarring their future. Help us ban Juul in New York City to prevent nicotine addiction from spreading in the community among the youth and adults. Instead of helping people cope with their nicotine addictions, Juul is actually making the problem worse by attracting teens to smoke.

Juuls contain nicotine, which can make teens addicted and harm the adolescent brain. Nicotine has the ability to damage a part of the brain that deals with attention, learning, mood, and impulse control. Nicotine can also change the way synapses, which helps create memories, are formed. It can also make teens more susceptible to future drug addictions. Remember, Juuls are not cuul.

We chose this digital activism topic as we see this problem increase in our own school. Students would smoke in bathroom stalls, which does not only affect the person smoking, but the people around them. We must protect our future by helping people be aware of Juul’s dangers. Our teenagers are our future and we must lead them to the right path. Visit my blog post to learn more about Juuling among the youth: https://freshpod.home.blog/2019/03/28/blind-eye/

0
()