What can you do to promote a positive identity?

What I can do to promote a positive identity is to be kind to others and call them by their names, and not just their race. Labels can hurt people. Hurting people is not promoting a positive identity. Let’s keep the labels away and promote a positive identity by referring people by their actual names. Labels shouldn’t make you think that someone is automatically “this” type of person. 

What can you do to discourage the promotion of stereotypes?

In my opinion, I think that some things you can do to discourage the promotion of stereotypes are to stop stereotyping people. Stop stereotyping people outside in the streets and thinking every person who lives in a bad neighborhood is “bad”. Stop thinking that every rich kid is “spoiled. Stop thinking every Asian knows “kung-fu” and etc. Stop putting these labels on people, especially on people you don’t know.

October 4, 2021 4:11 am

Dear Erick,
i am glad that you shared your post ¨Just Stop¨ with us about bullying because it makes people believe that this can impact bullies to do better and be kind.One quote that stood out to me is Let’s keep the labels away and promote a positive identity by referring people by their actual names.¨ I think this is impactful because people usually like to make fun of different names that they never heard of or will call someone by a false name. this makes me believe that people will stop calling each other by different names. Thank you for your writing, i look forward to what you write about next because your words bring hope yo people about bullying so coming up with another solution for something else might fix it.

Reply to  Jeramiah
October 4, 2021 4:12 am

Jeramiah rivera

August 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Dear Erick,
I totally agree with your post “Just Stop” because their should be a stop to bullying. I agree with the fact of putting labels on people just because were they are from, their wealth, race etc. One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me was when you say, ” Labels shouldn’t make you think that someone is automatically “this” type of person.”I think this is a informational piece because as people read it brings us knowledge on the topic of bulling. Thank you for writing, I am looking forward to reading from you again.
Ashley Galvez

February 9, 2021 3:33 pm

I think this is a really quality post, this reminds me of my experiences with being bullied in middle and elementary school. I think it is really important to help end bullying because of the negative impacts that it can have on people’s self esteem

April 4, 2020 12:07 am

Hey Erick,

Thanks for the post. Bullying can really hurt and stereotyping is in that group. Sadly, not enough people speak up. Your post acts as a quick read to stop these terrible acts of aggression. Thanks again!

Graham Hodell

5
0
()