10 seconds left – what should I do?
Should I pass or should I shoot?
What if I miss and it’s a brick?  
But no – my teammate comes and sets the pick…

Around I go with the ball in a flow
The defense picks me up so now it’s a give and go
FASTER , FASTER, it’s just 5 seconds left
The clock too close to zero: this is a time to be a hero

I get to my spot so I could take the shot
SWISH! nothing but net
As I see the clock is empty
The other team stands there and envies me

We’ll come back same time tomorrow
so we can make our opponents sorrow 

August 30, 2021 12:18 am

Dear Terren,
I am astonished about your poem, “Just a kid with a ball and a dream,” because this makes me connect with my experience with playing basketball. When ever its the last few seconds on the clock and you’re not sure whether you should take the shot or not.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “10 seconds left – what should I do?
Should I pass or should I shoot?
What if I miss and it’s a brick? ” I think this is relatable because when it comes to the few seconds in a game you tend to overthink the situation and start to hesitate. This then effects the game but it all depends on the reaction you do, it will either have a great or bad outcome it just all depends.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the way you word things really creates connections with one’s experiences, like mine. Its nice to know what others are thinking when in a game and whats their thoughts within the few seconds they have to either win it all or lose it all.
Stephanie Gutierrez

Last edited 1 month ago by Stephanie
Douglas
March 1, 2021 6:45 pm

Dear Terren:
I am astonished about your poem, “Just a kid with a ball and a dream,” because the line syou chose to write made me think about the shot and the steps towards that shot. also you make me think about how basketballers would feel when there is very little time on the clock left.
One set of lines that stands out for me is, “
Around I go with the ball in a flow
The clock too close to zero: this is a time to be a hero”. I think these lines are amusing because i didnt think lines could make me feel interested in basketball when i dont really even watch it. i dont know what you did but the ryhmes also helped with it cause it kind of made it hyped up.
Another line that stands out for me is, “
SWISH! nothing but net”.
I think this line is intriguing because the sounds you wrote helped me imagine about the basketball game. the way you described this helped me think more about these moments and when i watch basketball games this helps me understand the situation.
Your poem helps me understand a some things about basketball games that I once heard or watched. its like watching some basketball game thats very long then its up to the last few seconds and some would shoot while some will pass nad with this poem i think i could understand what people think about in the game. i could see that the moment they take the shot and makes it and wins the game is the best feeling around but i fel like some people would lose and that could be the worse feeling of all.
Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. i will look forward to the exciting parts and the rhymes. hope you keep on writing about more sports that you play and understand

Amra
February 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Dear Terren:
I am empowered by your poem, “Just a kid with a ball and a dream” because I like your rhymes. I also like how you asked questions like “should i pass or should i shoot what if i miss and it’s brick”
One line that stands out for me is, “I get to my spot so i could shoot”. I think this line is interesting because it shows that you know a lot about basketball. I like Basketball sometime I play Basketball.
Another line that stands out for me is,“ SWISH!! Nothing but net as I see the clock empty.” I think this line is thought-provoking because when you say the clock is empty you is serious. You wants that ball to go in the hoop and get a score. You want to shoot in the basket.
Your poem reminds me of memories of watching the stories about the NBA on the tv. On Tv, I saw Lebron James making a shot in the hoop. Lebron James is good at making shots.
Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I would like to hear more about Basketball. What will bring me back to you posts is if you keep writing about basketball. I like basketball. It keeps me moving and energetic. I hope to see more about basketball.

Amra
February 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Dear Terren:
One line that stands out for me is, “I get to my spot so i could shoot”. I think this line is interesting because it shows that you know a lot about basketball. Do you play basketball? Do you like Basketball?

July 9, 2020 2:33 pm

Great Picture, Basketball is my favorite sport.

Nathan
May 23, 2019 6:22 pm

You’re picture that you chose really gave me an idea and allowed me to better picture everything you talk about in your poem

Fatjon
May 13, 2019 12:15 am

Dear Terren,

I am inspired by your poem because you believed in yourself in those moment when you shot the ball.

A line that stands out for me was “But no – my teammate comes and sets the pick…” . I think this line is striking because you showed that you had support in those moments and also showed that with support you can win everything.

Thanks for writing. You inspired me and maybe I will take that last shot sometimes.

Anthony Hampton
Anthony Hampton
May 9, 2019 5:30 pm

this inspired me becuase alot of us wouldnt have the confidence to take that shot because they cant take the heat. but i feel like i wouldnt have had the confidence to take that shot

b woods
b woods
May 9, 2019 4:40 pm

This is about a kid having confindence to do something he believes in. He wanted to take the shot from the jump , he did and he scored. He finished the game for his team with all belief he could do it.

11
0
()