My name is Joshua. I’m 14 years old. I was born in 2004. I grew up in East Harlem with my father, mother and 2 brothers. At age 10 I moved to the L.E.S with my mom and brothers. I play basketball and play video games occasionally.  A turning point in my life was in 7th grade when everybody seemed to just ditch me. I felt like I didn’t matter at all to anyone. So I felt all I had to better myself. I started easing the part of me who always wanted to yell at someone. And since I was extremely overweight I had to work on my body. This taught me that most of the time the only person you can trust, the only person you’ll ever need will always be yourself.

Honestly, my favorite subject is math and the things I like to do after school consist of sports like basketball. Whenever I’m willing to do the work I do it right. I play AAU Basketball and practice basketball a lot of the time. This sport became one of my desires because its something that I find fun. Whenever I wanna clear my mind or need a way out I can just play basketball and shoot around. Its something me, my friends and brother do and it just shows how one thing can bring people together.

Derek
May 7, 2019 1:59 pm

My son josh. This is a good story you’ve been through a lot and your story stands out. its similar to others but not the same. Keep your head up.

1
0
()