My name is Jefferson, something very important about me is that I don’t like to play around with people that I don’t know. Something people in my culture do is give out money and just have a good time. We give out money to people that don’t have anything. In short, we just give money to the poor. I was born here in Brooklyn in Sunset Park. When I was a little kid, I went to this school called PS 24, and now I go to PSC/John Jay. 

Something that happened to me that will always scar my life is how time moves fast and how friends just leave and come. It’s really sad because I visited my old school and I felt like a little kid, an awesome feeling, and how time doesn’t wait for anyone

What I like to do in school is making new friends, and trying to learn new stuff whatever the teachers teach me. What I’m good at is trying out new sports, Playing new sports, and learning ways to play the sport. I’m good at math but I dont show it because I’m lazy. And when I’m outside of school I like to hang out with my friends because we can just talk and we got endless ideas of what we are going to talk about next, for example, we can just plan to go somewhere, or just talk about life, and have a good time.  Something particularly I’m good at is making new friends. And I got good at talking to people because you don’t have anything to lose. If they talk back then y’all are friends, and if they don’t, then no friendship. My biggest struggle in life will be letting people go, I don’t like letting people go because they actually meant something to me, so letting go is something big. 

My mom is a hard worker and an awesome woman, my dad is someone who works hard and helps my mother, my brothers are annoying but they are cool too. My mom and dad are very special and that’s it, I haven’t lost anyone yet. I think this school year it’s amazing. And I’m lucky to have my best friend Sadnila she’s a very cool person, and someone very special to me because she understands me and I understand her.

Jefferson P you do an amazing job making this personal with in depth examples and its very easy to relate to what you’re saying because you’re taking the scary idea of letting go and making it something we all have experienced. The only change I would make is some grammar mistakes but everything else is so personable and flows nicely. Overall your post is written with poise and really good.

Hey Jefferson,

I liked your writing. Specifically, “If they talk back then y’all are friends, and if they don’t, then no friendship,” made me think a lot. I like its simplicity. You seem like you’ve got some life experience I don’t, so next time I think you should include a couple of stories. These can be examples of what you’re talking about. For instance, if you said, “…letting go is something big,” and followed it up with a story about a time you had to let go, I think it would hit harder. Great stuff though.

Rene

Dear, Jefferson P
I am happy about your post “Letting Go Is Something Big” because it’s an awesome feeling to make new friends. Learning new stuff and talking about life is having a good time.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is: “My biggest struggle in life will be letting people go, I don’t like letting people go because they actually meant something to me, so letting go is something big.” I think this is awesome because letting go plays a part of you in life.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because someone who works hard and has something that actually means to you is important in life. Understanding people is something very special.

Flores.

Goodmorning Jefferson,

I totally agree with you that letting people go is hard especially when you’ve built this friendship with someone but sometimes you kinda just grow out of the friendship but that’s life . I really like the way you included a bunch of examples of your life situations. Making friends is very hard but you are so right when you said ,¨ you don’t have anything to lose.¨ Think of that when someone leaves because friends and people come and go I guess that’s how things work now … not to sure but it feels like it. But at the end of the day you’ll be just FINE with or without them.
You also brought up sports which is a good way of getting yourself distracted from what’s going on . I find myself always trying to distract myself and sports is the best way to go ! I’m glad you shared your story!

We often find ourselves holding on to things because they make us feel comfortable. That comfort can be dangerous, and you must learn to let it go. Ill admit, I am still working on this as well. Sometimes letting a friend go, or a grudge go is the healthiest thing for you to do individually.

I really enjoyed your post, Jefferson! It turns out that we are pretty similar. I love sports and am good at math but don’t love to show it. I also love to hang out with friends outside of school. It is really hard for me to let go of people because I have such a big heart and I give a piece of it to everyone I know. Thank you for sharing your story!

Dear Jefferson,

I am moved by your post “Letting Go is Something Big”, because I totally agree with you. Letting go is hard and especially when you’re the type of person who can build a friendship with anyone.
One sentence that really stood out to me was, “My biggest struggle in life will be letting people go, I don’t like letting people go because they actually meant something to me, so letting go is something big.” I agree with this because it will always be hard to let go of a friendship especially when you built that friendship.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

October 19, 2021 2:46 am

Dear Jefferson,

I am very moved by your post “Letting Go Is Something Big”, because I completely agree and relate to what you’re saying. Letting go is scary especially letting go to the friends that you love.
One sentence that I really relate to is “My biggest struggle in life will be letting people go, I don’t like letting people go because they actually meant something to me, so letting go is something big.” For me its super hard to let people go that I truly cared about because they meant something to me and its hard to go from being so close with them to being strangers. Thank you so much for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because I relate so much!

October 17, 2021 6:19 am

Dear Jeforson :
I am moved and convinced by your words in , “Letting Go Is Something Big,” because letting go can be scary and it can hurt. Letting go of the people you love or meant something to you in the past may hurt. But then later on you realize that you needed to let them go to move on with yourself and be better.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “My biggest struggle in life will be letting people go, I don’t like letting people go because they actually meant something to me, so letting go is something big.” I think this is trustworthy and true because like I said letting go is hard. Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next because it was very interesting and very true.

Erika

Last edited 7 months ago by Erika

Dear Jefferson,

I am touched by your post “Letting Go Is Something Big” because I agree that letting go of someone is very hard, especially if you love and care for them so much. It’s hard to see people walk out of your life. But that makes room for new people to come in.

Two sentences you wrote that stands out to me is: “And I got good at talking to people because you don’t have anything to lose. If they talk back then y’all are friends, and if they don’t, then no friendship.” I think this is helpful because I have trouble speaking to new people.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like some of the advice you gave. And now I’m going to try to talk to new people because like you said I don’t have anything to lose. I’m also going to try new things and it can possibly change my life.

Lesly

11
0
()