This is me

Jared Hernandez

This shadow box represents that I’m from Oakland, Latino, male, and a soccer player. A dominant narrative is that because I’m Latino I have to play soccer and no other sport. When people see me they think that I am a soccer player because of the color of my skin. When people see me they think that I am a gang member or a criminal because I am from Oakland. I put Raider Nation because it represents that I am from Oakland and that I´m proud to represent Oakland. I also put pictures of soccer because I love to play soccer and it´s my favorite sport. A counter narrative is that I don´t have to be Latino in order to play soccer I can be any race. Also that because I am male I have to be strong and not cry but that’s not true I choose to be and act the way I want.

September 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Dear Jared,
Thank you for sharing your work. I love how you added specific stuff about soccer because I myself love soccer and that shows how you love soccer. Also I like the paragraph that you wrote because it said a lot in just one paragraph which shows that you’re a good writer.
Something you should have added in your paragraph is that you should have said when you started playing soccer and what position you play. Other than that you did very good keep up the good work.
Sincerely, Bryan Moreno

Evelyn
February 6, 2018 5:01 pm

Dear Jared,

Thank you for sharing your work.My name is Evelyn Diaz and I am a student at Fremont High School.
Something I liked about your work was that you added different pictures that represented who you are.Something I have a question about is Since when do you play soccer?. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future.The address of my student blog is http://evelyndfhs2021.edublogs.org/2017/11/07/assignment-5/ .
Thank You!

Mauro

Dear Jared,

My name is Mauro Delpino. I am a senior at Fremont High School in Oakland, California. My teacher gave us a list of students who had to do a Shadow Box project and she also gave us links so as a class we can appreciate them. I chose to comment on your post because I appreciated the amount of soccer logos and flags that were included. I also enjoy watching and playing soccer therefore I respect your shadow box. Anyways, I have some questions for you:

Why do you decide to include the pictures on the left?
Do you play soccer? If so, What position?
What’s your favorite soccer team?

Finally, I applaud and commend the work put into your shadow box and I am looking forward for your next projects.

Mauro

3
0
()