Jane Eyre opens with Jane, a ten year old girl, becoming lost in a book before being rudely interrupted by John Reed. She is an orphan living with a cruel family that treats her like a second class citizen which helps to define her character. Even though she is a child, she seems to possess little child-like innocence and wonder of the world due to living a difficult life at a young age. This inspires me to possibly write my story on how the realistic world, despite being romanticized in books and entertainment, takes away one’s wonder of the world as they grow up or even as a child in difficult times. I could relate my story to coming of age, social class, or even individuality, and include a section of the story where the character seems to “escape” before returning to their reality and facing the struggles of everyday life.

0
()