The message that the NFL players are trying to send out has been token the wrong way. NFL players are protesting against police brutality, people or color and the criminal justice system. Do I believe that the players meant any harm or disrespect NO. There simply doing what they feel is right to them, people aren’t looking at the bigger picture. All they want is to be heard but the people are to blind to see.

Arthadius

Hey Kaitoria,
Many people in America have many point pf views on this some have many military have a angry point of view but some see it as their right to take the knee. The thing is the people have a right to do this such thing because they are peaceful with it and not doing any harm

Deepu_K
October 20, 2017 2:50 am

Hey Kaitoria,

I, along with the rest of America, am well aware of the “take a knee” movement happening all across the country, especially in the sports world. I’ve seen a majority of sports icons speak out on what this means for our country, and I’ve even seen some of my favorite players take a knee during the national anthem. Nowadays, many people look at this movement differently, some see it as a sign of disrespect to our countries and flag. Others see it as a way to show respect to our military, who have fought to honor the star spangled banner. Personally I see this as a way for anyone, no matter race, religion, or gender to express their beliefs non violently. Finally, a P.A announcer at football games would go on the mic and ask everyone to stand for the national anthem. But recently, some have even went as far as asking people to “stand OR sit” during the anthem. Do you think this is doing a justice or creating more dilemma?

Luke
October 20, 2017 1:16 am

People are guaranteed rights of equality in the amendments. To protest a demonstration peacefully such as taking a knee during the national anthemn is definitely legal. But is it okay? In my opinion, absolutely not. To kneel down towards our national flag is to disrespect it, and all the good we stand for as a country. For football players should find other ways to protest, but to disrespect our flag, our country, is embarrassing. Sure they have the right, and I back up what they support, but they should find others means of demonstrating protests.

Drew
Reply to  Luke
October 20, 2017 2:27 am

Luke, I would have to disagree with you. I believe that many people, including yourself, seem to miss the point of these silent and peaceful protests. They are not done to disrespect the flag or our military personnel, they are done to address the timeless problem of police officers that have and continue to mistreat black people. I feel that you can compare these men taking a knee to the marches that took place during the Jim Crow era. At the time many people believed that marching was considered disrespectful, but we now see that they were a revolution that helped pave they way for black people around the country.

4
0
()