In the article, “Is video games a sport?” I learned that gaming is a sport you can join and compete with over people but I learned that this type of sport is unhealthy for your body not like other sports that are more healthy. Gaming is a sport because you need lots of practise and skill like and sport to be good at it but also you need a lot of thinking, knowledge of the game, and strategy in this time of sport. Gaming as a sport is bad for you because it can be unhealthy by being on the chair for hours and it can lead to cancer and it can lead to eating unhealthy for your body not like other sports. 

Do you think gaming is a sport or not?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think what is happening in “Is video games a sport?” is that gaming can a sport so people can compete in and have fun in it but it shows that gaming can lead to unhealthy choices and it can even lead to cancer if you sit on a choir for days, but despite all that gaming is a sport to have fun in and it more easier to join in like a team or by you self. 

Dear Angel,

I am enlightened by your post, “Is video Gaming considered a sport” because I also game myself. I love and play Fifa and Madden with family and friends to have a good time. I sometimes think that taking a break from homework I get on would help but I just end up getting mad at the game. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I learned that gaming is a sport you can join and compete with over people but I learned that this type of sport is unhealthy for your body not like other sports that are more healthy.” I think is very important to understand because you are competing for a long time for example those tournaments take very long meaning you are looking at the game for a very long time. And that’s not good for our eyes. Another thing gamers tend to have bad eating habits.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your thoughts on gaming are very well based on facts. Like for instance write more about why you still think gaming is a sport. I would like to see how it would benefit someone playing video games for a living or just for fun.

Ernesto Monroy

September 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Hi Angel,
I really like this post because so many young people are playing video games nowadays. And the discussion about whether video games should be a sport has been going on for years. I found it interesting that the majority of the people who disagree that video games are a sport are usually parents and the majority of the people who think it is a sport are young people. Speaking from my personal experience, one of my friends who really enjoy playing PUBG eventually became one of the best PUBG pro players in China and he made a lot of money out of that. And he told me that when you are turning your hobby to your job. The game becomes less fun and it will take a lot of systemaic training to be the best. Moreover, the process is pretty tedious and you have learn a lot of new things. And I think video gaming should be consider a sport bcause it has its audience and it is out of catogory of just having fun. It takes hard work and it can be really competetive.

September 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Hi Angel,

I’ve wondered this for a while. I’m a casual Clash of Clans player, and every time they send a notification about the televised tournament I wonder, “Who participates in that?” I think it does require a lot of expertise and background knowledge, and I have respect for anyone that can do that. I think video games would more fall under the same category as chess or other strategy based games. I’m not sure if those are classified as sports either, but I would group them all together.

Really cool article!
-Charlie

September 24, 2021 5:47 pm

I think gaming is a sport because of the time it demands and the motor skills required when participating. Sitting in a chair for hours on end can cause some harmful effects on your body but eating unhealthy has nothing to do with gaming being a sport. These esport athletes still require exercise to maintain a healthy mind and positive attitude toward the games they are playing. Gaming helps develop social skills with teammates and requires hand eye coordination beyond regular levels. Gaming itself doesn’t make a person unhealthy, it becomes unhealthy when that person over does the hours being put in, which can be applied to every sport. Your comment was very insightful and I enjoyed reading what you had to say. Here’s an article that goes into further detail of how video games may affect your body when played in excess.
https://www.healthygamer.gg/blog/video-games-and-mental-health-explained

September 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Dear Angel:

I am enlightened by your post, “Is video Gaming consider a sport” because I game a lot and many have found it to be only a waste of my time. I wasn’t sure if it was really considered important in any way. One sentence that stood out to me is, “Gaming is a sport because you need lots of practice and skill like and sport to be good at it but also you need a lot of thinking, knowledge of the game, and strategy in this time of the sport.” I think this is very true because gaming can be difficult and as well takes time. I know it can be unhealthy like others do say but it has just become a part of life and no one can just get rid of it like that so quickly.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing more of your writing because you have shown that something such as gaming can be a sport and many things similar to it may also be considered as a sport. There is much to be learning off of games, maybe you can show that.

September 21, 2021 3:22 pm

I think it is very interesting that so many people consider gaming to be a sport. I don’t really consider it to be sport since it doesn’t involve moving/exercising your whole body. However, I know that it can improve your reaction time and motor skills, and on top of that, it’s entertaining.

Thanks for your writing. I enjoyed reading it and getting your perspective on this topic!

Last edited 22 days ago by Sadie

6
0
()