In the article, “Cars that Stop Drunk Driving”(BTW) I learned that the infrastructure bill that congress passed part of it included a demand that would find a solution to stop people under the influence from driving. It is said that these systems will be ready by 2026, so in 4 more years! Although they have this plan they are still quite indecisive about the type of monitoring systems the cars will have. So far they have come up with two ideas. The first one would include a breathalyzer device that would monitor your blood levels and the other one would be an infrared camera that would monitor your behavior.

I think that what they are doing would come with a lot of positive outcomes. For example, it would prevent many drunk driving deaths and accidents from occurring. It would also reduce the rates of drunk driving severely. All in all, I strongly believe that what they are doing is all good.

Do you think this should be a requirement for all cars to have?

0
()