turned on gold iphone 6

Everyone today is always on social media. A social platform where you can connect with others across the world. I think Social Media is bad for our mental health and how we view the world. I feel like the social media community wants us to live in a certain way. The power of social media has made many teens commit suicide because of cyberbullying. Social media takes away your views on life and what you can do. I say this because as a person who deleted social media to better my health and mental health, I found out and did so many things I wouldn’t do because of social media. You can grow so much without social media and it opens your eyes on what you can do without it. At the end of the day I believe social media is bad for us. I would like to hear your opinion on social media?

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

Dear Cristian,

I really liked the points you brought up in this post, and I do agree with some of them. As almost all things in life have, there are two sides to a story, and often there are both negative and positive connotations associated to social media specifically. I really like how you said, “I feel like the social media community wants us to live in a certain way.” When scrolling through apps, taking in and admiring the perfect image or myth people have created, it can be damaging to people’s mental health. For me, social media is a place I can interact with my friends and have fun, as well as sharing ideas, yet sometimes the negative effects can get to me as well, such as worrying about how many likes a post had gotten on Instagram. Social media isn’t completely and utterly bad per se—it has its plethora of positive effects—yet I do also somewhat agree that there is a negative aspect, which can affect our mental health and outlook on life. I really liked this post, and it was really insightful. I look forward to seeing your other projects!

Help on Youth Voices
1
0
()