Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mathew Ahmann in a crowd of demonstrators at the March on Washington

To understand why cultural intelligence is important, I analyzed how cultural intelligence helps to develop a person’s leadership skills . Cultural intelligence is an essential skill for those who take on international jobs or work on diverse teams. Leaders who operate in a global environment need to feel confident and optimistic as they build strong relationships, encourage cooperation, and develop common goals with their counterparts across borders. Leaders must understand what drives the beliefs of their diverse colleagues. They need an understanding of Intelligence Quotient (IQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ), and Cultural Intelligence (CQ) to be one among great leaders. Living in different cultures helps improve CQ, proving that education programs aimed at future global leaders should include both academic and experiential cross-cultural opportunities. When people get to know and understand different cultures, they realize that there is more than one way of thinking and that no one way is better than another.

https://bized.aacsb.edu/articles/2020/march/learning-other-cultures

September 21, 2021 3:14 am

Hello Charles:

I am intrigued by your post, “Is having cultural intelligence important?,” because in my English class me and my classmates have been discussing the importance of having multicultural education in a school’s curriculum. We too, agree that having multicultural intelligence is necessary to advance in one’s success.
I like when you mentioned, “To understand why cultural intelligence is important, I analyzed how cultural intelligence helps to develop a person’s leadership skills.” I think this is a very great point that truly reflects multiculturalism’s benefit because being a leader takes awareness and understanding of their diverse environment. If someone truly wants to succeed in leadership roles, they should be able to adapt in their surroundings.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because its very interesting learning about how to build leadership character and you make strong statements regarding the topic.

Jade

September 19, 2021 1:49 am

Dear Charles:

I am impressed by your post,” Is having cultural intelligence important? “

One sentence you phrase that stands out for me is “Leaders who operate in a global environment need to feel confident and optimistic as they build strong relationships, encourage cooperation, and develop common goals with their counterparts across borders. Leaders must understand what drives the beliefs of their diverse colleagues. They need an understanding of Intelligence Quotient (IQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ), and Cultural Intelligence (CQ) to be one among great leaders.” This stood out by how many rhetorical devices they have used, they used rhetoric such as “metaphor, partialism, example list. By using this it really got the message about how important it is to have a good leader to do multiple things.

Thanks for your writing.

Samantha

September 17, 2021 7:45 pm

This was very interesting and informing to read. As someone who is from another culture, I strongly believe that Cultural Intelligence should be taught and should be a key understanding to life and leadership. As BSU president and a member of STUCO, I have to develop the skills you said, to become an effective leader. What you have written is very important and should be shared to various people. How are you going to teach the necessity of culture intelligence amongst your peers?

September 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Those who possess a higher level of cultural intelligence play a very important role in our society. They help educate and help spread knowledge to different communities. SO therefore, yes I do agree with you and I think that having cultural intelligence is very important.

September 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Very insightful!!

6
0
()