- The Cruel World of Racism
- What does it mean to be American
- What do you value most as an American?
- Our American Values
- The Meaning and Struggles of Being an American
- Being an American
- What is means to be an american ?
- What It Means To Be An American
- What does it means to be American?
- What does it mean to be American argument.
- Political Corruption
- What Makes an American?
- The Havoc Squad
- Different Views on American Creed
- What are Values?
- Equality in Justice
- Racism against native american based on the book “the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian”
- America’s Essential Questions
- American Culture?
- What American Creed Means toMe
- What is your definition of “American”?
- Body positivity
- My American Creed
- Being an American is not Always as Amazing as it is Explained to be.
- American Pride
- Americas Hope
- What does it mean to be American?
- The American Dream and Social Equality
- Diplomacy Is the Key to American Success
- Skin Color
- My American Creed
- What Have We Come To?
- Is America free?
- Coming Together
- Is The Selection all that free?
- History Defines
- The Value of Freedom and Equality in America
- Equal Opportunity
- Final Response: “Mind Games”
- The view of gumption in the American Creed
- Discovering A New Views On American Culture
- Is American culture “just” a melting pot?
What is American culture? I think that isn’t an easy question and there are more than one correct answer to this topic.
In general I don’t think that american culture is only mixing every culture to one together, there are still some things who are only american and don’t come from another culture. For example, music or food.
“The United States has been called the Melting pot of the world. But it seems to me that the colored man either missed getting into the pot or he got melted down” (Marshall). There is something true on the quote, the problem with racist people get’s more worse. Policeman/Policewoman shoot black people. Racism is something that happens in america for a long long time and they couldn’t really fix it jet. In some countries get’s better, but there are still some countries who don’t really to change something.
“I wanna show that gospel, country, blues, rhythm and blues, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll are all just really one thing. Those are the American music and that is the American culture” (Etta James)
I think music is an important part of an culture, special the music from america is playing in about every country. There are some special music types are american.
“We still have a lot of work to do in American culture. More open-mindedness is happening – in some cases rapidly, in some, slowly” (Lara Brock Akil).
One of a stereotype about america is that everyone is openminded and “say” welcome when you visit america, and I think that is true for most of americans, mz experience were really positive, americans liked that I’m new and showed that their interested to get to know you.
But for example for a lot of LGBTQ+ people it isn’t easy, because there are some americans who don’t like them and there must be more open mindedness in this topic.