Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, a story based on true event about a young man and his adventure. The book stuck out to me because of the setting and storyline, recently Iv been really into travel, and a book about a long adventure is something that appealed to me. Just from the first few chapters, I’ve loved the book, it has really reeled me in and kept me on my toes. I’m not much of a reader but I eally enjoy this book and everything it entails. Every day of the week I would recommend it to anyone looking to have a good time reading.

Into the wild starts off with McCandless, after a short hitchhiking trip he takes his first step into the Alaskan bush. It doesn’t go much into detail after he first steps into the wild but it gives insight into how it ended. A few years after he set off on his adventure hunters had come across the van he had been living in, coming to find the lifeless body of Christopher Johnson McCandless. The chapters after this start to dive into where he came from, how his family and the people around him who cared for him were doing. Krakauer does a really good job shedding insight onto his life prior to his disappearance seen here ” Driving west out of Atlanta he intended to invent an utterly new life for himself, one in which he would be free to wallow in unfiltered experience”. Into the wild is a really well-done book and there is no reason for anyone not to read it.

0
()