Growing up in the age of the technology I have had the privilege of having all types of information at the press of a button. At the same time I have also been able to put out information and communicate with people world-wide through social media. Now although we have had this since brith this privilege can be taken away from us and infect their is a bill trying to go through taking away net neutrality.

Net Neutrality is the basic principle that prohibits internet service providers from speeding up, slowing down or blocking any content or websites you want to use. It also makes it so it is generally free to the masses. Net Neutrality is the way that the internet has always worked, but the bill taking this away would take away our free speech and increase our monthly bill. Think about a world where you would have to pay 10 dollars to access snapchat or Instagram and communicate with your friends and see the world around you or a world where your favorite website is blocked because it does not agree with the provider.

Currently their is a senate bill trying to be passed so that the taking away of net neutrality will stop. By taking away net neutrality the government is taking away freedom and basic right. Join the fight to bring back what is rightfully ours. It is an uphill battle but our voices must be heard.

Koji
January 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Dear Colin, I really like your essay about net neutrality. I believe it is a super important issue of our time today, and it is essential that we keep net neutrality in place to stay competitive with other nations. The internet is essentially a ultillity in today’s day and age, so it should be treated as one too.

Here is an article on how to save net neutrality:
-https://www.battleforthenet.com/breaktheinternet/

1
0
()