The first chapter of Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre introduces the characterizations of an orphan Jane, as well as her aunt, Mrs. Reed, and her cousins Eliza, Georgiana, and John, with whom she is staying. The story is told in first person, giving readers insight into the inner thoughts of the narrator, Jane. I can draw inspiration from the first chapter of Jane Eyre in that I can write my short story or poem in the first person, which will help my audience understand the complexities and emotions of the narrator. The novel opens with an example of the dynamic of Jane’s relationship with her cousins. Jane’s cousins feel as though they have superiority over her, as seen through John Reed. For my short story or poem, I can write about a protagonist who is surrounded by various antagonists to start a journey of character growth and development throughout the narrative.

0
()