January 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi Glendy!
I agree that people should be able to speak whatever language they are the most comfortable with in the United States. English, though a global and popular language, should not be considered superior in comparison to other languages. In my opinion, as our world becomes increasingly globalized, it should be a requirement to be at least bilingual. In the United States, for example, I think it would be beneficial for citizens to have a general understanding of the Spanish language and ideally be fluent. The following article explains the benefits of being bilingual in today’s world: https://www.success.com/why-everyone-should-be-bilingual/. I hope you take a look at it! I hope to hear more from you about this topic!

December 10, 2019 5:24 am

I agree with you that people have the right to speak whatever language they are comfortable with because language in itself is a great thing that brings people together in so many ways. however i do think that in the US you should know english or Spanish as these are the most predominate languages that are spoken and i imagine it would be very difficult to communicate with others when that is the majority.

Sam
Sam
December 6, 2019 9:28 pm

I don’t see the point of this because freedom of speech is a thing and you are already able to speak any language you would like to in this country. The overwhelming majority of this country speaks English just how every other country in the world has their own native language. English is not necessary to live in the US, it is just easier to socialize and complete daily tasks if it is known. Again just like any other country.

December 6, 2019 9:17 pm

I think speaking more than one language is a good thing. But if you are in the US, you have to learn and know English well.

December 6, 2019 7:02 pm

Glendy I completely agree that people should be able to speak whatever language they want. It is their right to be able to do such a thing. I think because our nation has so many different races and languages, it makes us more diverse and better. Language is such a beautiful thing, and everyone should be able to do it however they want. Here is a link showing why people should learn another language: https://www.pandatree.com/reason_foreign_language. Learning a new language can help us in many ways, and since diversity is very important to me, I completely agree with you.

Amani
December 6, 2019 6:51 pm

I agree with that statement that people should be free to speak whatever language they want to speak, and maybe another if they want too.

December 6, 2019 6:35 pm

I agree with you that people should be able to speak what they want to say, but I would add more. I would add more to what the picture is showing, and also add more to your claim.

7
0
()