In the article, “Where did all the stuff go?” (Peter S and Patricia S) I learned that due to the pandemic many shelves in grocery stores were empty. This was a problem all around the world and it affected many people. The problem started in 2020, after that products were hard to get, factories were being held back, and groceries were short on supplies. The steep surge in demand clogged the system for getting goods to factories that needed them. At the same time, finished products—many of them made in China—piled up in warehouses and at ports in Asia because of a shortage of shipping containers. As China shipped huge volumes of protective gear such as masks all over the world, containers were unloaded in places like West Africa and South Asia that don’t send much back to China. 

I think this affected many people because prices kept on rising and when prices kept getting higher this caused inflation. This was hard for many families especially because it is still going on today.  

When will the shortages end?

0
()