Makai
April 5, 2024 1:10 am

I like the way you talk about the legacy of many different discriminatory actions instead of just one. With this format it is much easier to get an understanding of what the true purpose/reasoning could be for the segregation related traffic.

Kaylin
April 4, 2024 11:18 pm

Hi, Charlie! I love how you connected both the words of author, Kevin Kruse, and the background of the photographer of the article’s picture, Humza Deas. It really gives a deeper context to the themes written in the article, which are highlighted by the image taken by Humza Deas. I also love your cover image and way the contrasting colors (red and blue) show the contrasting effects on wealthy white citizens and underserved people of color. Do you think that the urban development practices that were used to discriminate against people of color are still being used today?

Last edited 3 months ago by Kaylin
Iman
April 4, 2024 2:57 pm

Hey Charlie, You highlight the long-term consequences of discriminatory legislation in modern cities such as Atlanta. The study goes deeply into the roots of racial segregation in America, emphasizing purposeful urban planning decisions that perpetuated division among cities. Your model successfully shows the segregation throughout the city. The essay successfully navigates the complex web of historical events and laws that have shaped the urban landscape, particularly in areas such as Atlanta, providing light on the long-term impact of racial segregation. Proposing potential solutions or approaches to resolving these difficulties would increase the essay’s practical relevance and reader involvement. 

Rossanna
April 3, 2024 4:27 pm

I like how each side of the street is a different colour. I view this as segregation, each race being divided by colour. I agree with this statement” In conclusion, the exploration of racial segregation in urban planning presents a complex narrative of historical legacies and contemporary urban infrastructure.”

4
0
()