Spoil Alert

If I stay by Gayle Forman is about a seventeen-year-old female who lives with her Mom, Dad, and her seven-year-old brother named Teddy. At seventeen Mia Hall realized that she has the talent to play cellist but her most difficult decision she would ever have to make would be whether to pursue her musical dreams at prestigious Juilliard or follow her heart to be with the love of her life, Adam. However, a car wreck changes everything in a split second and now Mia’s life hangs in balance, between life and death.

The reason why this book is titled If I Stay is because Mia has to choose between staying or leaving – (meaning she would live or choose to die). Towards the end of If I Stay Mia’s grandfather says “It will be okay if you leave”. The reason why it was hard for Mia to decide to live or go (in my opinion) was because after she learns that her little brother Teddy is dead and her mom and dad she considers dying too. However, she remembers her promising college opportunity at Juilliard. I felt like Mia didn’t want to be alone in this world especially after 

She ends her relationship with Adam with no explanation, breaking his heart; but she always understood the reality of life. At the very last page, Adam returns. He also holds Mia’s hand, and the combo of her two loves—Adam and cello music—bring her back to life. And that’s where the book ends, as Mia’s life is beginning anew.

0
()