The middle sections of If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin might leave a reader feeling in disbelief because the readers find out why Fonny is in jail. An example of this is on page 48.  “Yes. But she is distraught,ignorant,Puerto Rican woman, suffering from the afteraffect of rape.” The reader is in disbelief  because readers find out why Fonny’s in jail. He’s in jail for rape.

We learn something interesting about one of the characters, Sharon  on page 75 where it says: “Sharon goes to Puerto Rico on an evening plane.”  This shows me how much Sharon cares For Tish And Fonny and even the baby that’s in Tish. She is going all the way to Puerto Rico to meet with the woman “Fonny raped” to tell her that Fonny didn’t commit any crime. Sharon has been there for her daughter and for Fonny. I would want to be friends with Sharon because I know she’s a person who can support me and A friend I can trust.

After this part of the book, most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because We want to find out  if Sharon can convince Victoria to call off the charges.What’s probably going to happen next is Tish is going to have her baby.