blue and white store signage

I remember waking up for school really early to get the first train.
I remember rushing because I woke up extremely late even though I was going to be late regardless.
I remember the smell of the morning air hitting my face when walking out of my apartment building.
I remember the disgusting smell of the subways while waiting.
I remember hearing my mom saying be safe and call me when you get there and me saying ok I love you and her saying I love you too. 
I remember calling my friend to make sure she’s ready so I can pick her up and we can head to school.
I remember walking out of the subway to the city streets in 207 and speed walking to get my lunch in the bodega with the money I’ve been saving and running to get to school if I still had time.
I remember calling my mom and telling her I made it to school safely.
I remember walking into school and going to the gym and seeing my friends before we went to see our teacher and started class.
I remember seeing my teacher and saying good morning and having a nice laugh with them.
I remember my table in Ela class because I was seated with my closest friends and we had so much fun but we also did our work.
I remember that after school I went with my mom to pick up my sisters because me and my brother went to the same school.
I remember how good it felt to make it home and just lay in your bed.
I remember how nice it felt to not have something covering half of your face

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

Help on Youth Voices
0
()