I remember waking up early to watch PBS kids with my sister on the weekends.
I remember accidentally swallowing a penny.
I remember switching to new prescriptions often since my eyesight was terrible.
I remember ordering the same avocado and cucumber sushi each time we went to the sushi store.
I remember people would constantly squish my cheeks.
I remember boasting I didn’t cry whenever I got a shot.
I remember I believed my sister when she explained that frozen peas come alive once they defrost.
I remember eating chips and drinking Arizona at the library lobby with my grandma. 
I remember having numerous matching clothes with my sister.
I remember bragging to people I was absent for two years of school in America to go to two years of school in China. 
I remember being happy when I rarely got mosquito bites while my family got bitten countless times.

1. Gerardo Reyna-Gomez 2 days ago

Dear Kaimea,

Your post has piqued my interest. I recall… because I used to enjoy watching PBS Kids when I was younger. Every day when I arrived at school, I recall turning on the television and watching my favorite cartoon at the time, Wild Kratts.  One sentence that caught my attention was ¨I remember bragging to people I was absent for two years of school in America to go to two years of school in China.¨   This sentence appealed to me because I have never visited China but intend to do so in the future. Perhaps to work there, or simply to visit and learn about the cultures there, as well as to try new foods that I have never tried before. Anyway, I had a great time reading your post. I’ll be looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Gerardo

2. Heidi 2 days ago

Dear Kaimea,
    I was really intrested in your poem because I can relate to you. I relate to you on certain things like watching PBS kids in the morning while I was getting ready for school. One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me was “I remember people would constantly squish my cheeks.” I can realte to this because I had chubby cheeks when I was a kid and may family members would always squish them when I saw them. I would always find it annoying. Reading your poem made me remind of my childhood and how I loved it. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

3. Douglas 4 days ago

Dear :
    I feel your poem, “,” because .
    One that stands out for me is, “”. I think because .
    Another that stands out for me is, “”. I think because .
    Your poem a that I once .
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

4. Zhelanea 3 weeks ago

Dear, Kaimea
    I related to a lot of the experiences you shared in your post. It helps me understand that we often have all experienced similar things in our lives. We might come from different cultures and backgrounds, but some things are the same. One specific line you wrote was, “I remember switching to new prescriptions often since my eyesight was terrible.” I too passed had worsening eyesight every single time growing up when I returned to my appointments. I also have a sister and we would watch PBS almost every day. It’s these simple events that help us built who we are today.

5. Bryan 4 weeks ago

Dear Kaimea,

I am intrigued with your post I ¨Remember…¨ Because I really liked watching PBS Kids as well when I was smaller. Every day when I came to school I remember I would turn on the TV and watch my favorite cartoon at the time which was wild kratts. One sentence that caught my eye was ¨I remember bragging to people I was absent for two years of school in America to go to two years of school in China.¨ I liked this sentence because I’d never been to China but hopefully in the future I can. Possibly to work there or just to be a tourist and learn about the cultures there and try new foods that I have never tried. Anyways I really enjoyed reading your post. I am going to be looking forward to your future posts.

Bryan