silhouette of skyway

I remember sitting in class and watching a movie since there was nothing else to do that day and my teachers felt like being generous.
classroom and play games and tell jokes.
school while sounding uncertain.
I remember when the clock hit 2:45 and we all waved goodbye while entering the heavy iron blue doors.
I remember going down the steps to be greeted by my group of friends.
I remember when that group was still my group although we all went our separate ways.
I remember hearing the news that in person school was canceled until further notice.
I remember feeling happy at first that I would be able to do my work from home.
I remember thinking that It wasn’t going to be long until I would be back at school only to hear the news that I’m not going to be able to go for awhile.
I remember a while turned into a month , a month turned into two, two months turned into three, and three months turned into a year.
I remember thinking about how fast time was flying and slow it felt as it passed by.
forgetting the days as each day began to feel the same.
I remember Missing out on my graduation.
I remember the blue and yellow gown my parents had ordered to make the experience similar to the real deal.
I remember writing songs to get my mind off of things.
I remember the expressions on my parents face after seeing them watch the news.
I remember wanting to go back to school. I remember it all feeling like a dream until I took a look at my screen.

Help on Youth Voices
0
()

Connect with