silhouette of skyway

I remember sitting in class and watching a movie since there was nothing else to do that day and my teachers felt like being generous.
classroom and play games and tell jokes.
school while sounding uncertain.
I remember when the clock hit 2:45 and we all waved goodbye while entering the heavy iron blue doors.
I remember going down the steps to be greeted by my group of friends.
I remember when that group was still my group although we all went our separate ways.
I remember hearing the news that in person school was canceled until further notice.
I remember feeling happy at first that I would be able to do my work from home.
I remember thinking that It wasn’t going to be long until I would be back at school only to hear the news that I’m not going to be able to go for awhile.
I remember a while turned into a month , a month turned into two, two months turned into three, and three months turned into a year.
I remember thinking about how fast time was flying and slow it felt as it passed by.
forgetting the days as each day began to feel the same.
I remember Missing out on my graduation.
I remember the blue and yellow gown my parents had ordered to make the experience similar to the real deal.
I remember writing songs to get my mind off of things.
I remember the expressions on my parents face after seeing them watch the news.
I remember wanting to go back to school. I remember it all feeling like a dream until I took a look at my screen.

5 1 vote
August 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Dear Angie

I am impressed by your post, “I remember”, because it is shocking how from one day to another students stopped going to school for a year. It’s shocking how at first it seemed fun doing work from home until people realized it wasn’t.

One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me is “I remember hearing the news that in-person school was canceled until further notice”. I think that this is interesting because students did not expect not to go to school in person.

Thank you for your writing. I am looking forward to seeing what you write next because a of students can relate to this.

1
0
()