I remember going to Isham Park as a little kid.
I remember me and my friends playing soccer.
I remember going snowboarding with my dad for the first time.
I remember my graduation on zoom.
I remember the constant fireworks during the night.
I remember high bridge skatepark.
I remember my friend breaking his arm on new years.
I remember not getting into any art schools.
I remember fainting in the summer.
I remember my old friends from my middle school.
I remember my sister getting fourth place on the waiting list for the school ice.
I remember taking the tour for Harvest.
I remember how little I was.
I remember my first day of 6th grade

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

May 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Hello,
I am awed by your poem “I remember” because I can relate to a lot of the things you wrote including the graduating on zoom line.

One line that stands out to me the most is “I remember my first day of 6th grade.” I think this line stands out to me the most is because I also remember my first day of 6th grade. I was super nervous for it especially since it was a new school.

Your poem reminds me a lot of myself and I really enjoyed reading this.

Thanks for your poem I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Last edited 2 months ago by Paul
Anderson
April 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Dear rojo

I am satisfied with your poem, “I Remember,” because it reminds me of my own childhood.
One line that stands out for me is,  “I remember going to Isham Park as a little kid.”. I think this line is powerful because it is a park you grew up in and I also have a park where I grew up in.
Another line that stands out for me is,  “I remember my first day of 6th grade”. I think this line is fascinating because it was a very important part in your life.
Your poem helps me to understand how quick life is that I once heard your poem. it makes me understand that you don’t appreciate something until it’s taken away from you.
Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Last edited 2 months ago by Anderson
April 15, 2021 8:14 pm

I like parks because there I play and do the things that I like the most. I have a good time there, good writing

Help on Youth Voices
3
0
()