Recently, I read The Hunger Games Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins. I appreciated this book. I enjoyed this book since I liked the first book.

The protagonist is Katniss Everdeen. Her story is set in Panem, specifically the 12 Districts, the capitol and the Arena. The significance of the Arena setting is that most of the book happens there. The significance of the setting shifting from District 12 to the capitol is that Katniss is going to be brought back into the arena. 

Katniss faces certain forces and pressures. She is met with President Snow threatening to kill her if she doesn’t try to stop the uprisings on her victory tour. She meets these forces and pressures by deciding to just listen to president Snow. You can see this early in the book on page 19.

The tension rose when an uprise was about to start in district 11. This might leave a reader feeling intrigued. The author does give the reader exact information on what happened to the person who was shot. It was to infer that it was one of Rue’s family members.

The book climaxes when Katniss and the others almost got caught. “There’s a stab in my left forearm. I try to jerk away but I’m still too incapacitated. Johanna’s digging something, I guess the point of her knife, into my flesh, twisting it around. There’s an excruciating ripping sensation and warmth runs down my wrist, filling my palm. She swipes down my arm and coats half my face with my blood.” 

The falling action ultimately resolves the conflict. The Career’s leave thinking that Katniss had died and they got to go through their plan. It’s a person’s type of conflict that’s driving this story. Most of the story is because the other characters are trying to protect Katniss. They had a plan and would not let Katniss know what the plan is. This book would start with new information for the next book. 

Nico
November 3, 2020 6:23 pm

I also read this series and I enjoyed it very much

1
0
()