person in blue denim jeans with gray and black metal padlock

In the article, “A National Outcry Over Anti-Asian Hate”, Asian-Americans have been dealing with hate and violence due to the current pandemic.  Hate crimes, such as mass shootings are just a violent representation of how Asian-Americans have been treated.  False information and rumors have been spread about the pandemic.  Racist remarks have shifted the fault of the pandemic of Asian-Americans.   There has been a long history with racist remarks against Asian-Americans and this pandemic only increased that hatred.

It is saddening that people are discriminating against a certain race because of a pandemic that isn’t their fault.  Instead of looking at someone to blame, we must find ways to prevent this pandemic from proceeding any longer.  We must take precautions as a whole and stop this virus from spreading.

How can you stop spread hate?

Help on Youth Voices
0
()

Connect with