The declining water levels of Great Salt Lake threaten economic activity, local public health, and ecosystems. Utah’s local research universities formed a strike team to tackle this issue. To save the great Salt Lake, it is important to get the support of state, experts, and individual efforts. The strike team started the Great Salt Lake Policy Assessment that includes data trend research, and summaries of policy options. The team came up with Conservation measures such as conserving water to Great Salt Lake, optimizing use of agricultural water, municipal and industrial water pricing, etc… The team also proposed new water solutions such as importing water or increasing winter precipitation with cloud seeding. The strike team does not advocate these measures but gives suggestions to help service the state.

0
()