A few weeks ago, I had previously made a post on current racism in schools. However, then I remembered a book I read called  A Mighty Long Way, about a girl named Carlotta Walls and how she attended a previously all-white high school, and all the challenges she’s faced.

Honestly, racism has decreased significantly, but nevertheless, we shouldn’t have to be concerned with racism at all. Students of all races should be comfortable going and being in school.

However, and least now students can attend school, back then, Carlotta couldn’t even attend school without ARMED guards forcing her to return home. All in all, schools should always be a safe environment for ANY person, and any sort of racial bias should not be tolerated.

Jessica
February 17, 2018 4:45 am

Hey Pablo, thanks for sharing this.
Although racism has not been abolished or in other word eliminated, it has changed and has yet to come to an end. Today everyone has the right to go to any school they desire and no race bias is attributed, but yet people of color are still be preyed on and often discriminated against. We’ve still got lot to do to end all this bias of race differences, after all we are all from the human race. http://time.com/3843203/racism-is-poisoning-our-society/

Foster

Pablo,
I think this is a good post. Racism should never be accepted and people shouldn’t be afraid of going to school because of their ethnic background. A sad part of our culture is that racism has been embedded in our culture for a very long time. It’s sad to see so much hatred still, and while yes it has gotten better, it is still present. It may not be as noticeable but it is still there. I think this issue needs to be talked about more, in the case of schools. People currently are feuding over Colin Kaepernick’s opposition to standing for the national anthem, while there are still problems that aren’t just in adult life. Kids lives can be heavily affected by the treatment they receive in school and we need to take more action on it. Overall I think your topic is good, and keep working at it.

2
0
()