Homework, something we have endured for years. Being told to do work with no idea if it is even worth it. Finland got rid of homework a few years ago and are now considered one of the smartest countries in the world. It got me thinking, is homework even beneficial to our education? So far, I’ve been researching the benefits of homework and there are arguments for both sides. Some say homework doesn’t help, others do. How do you feel about homework? Do you think it is beneficial?

Photo by r.nial.bradshaw

Miguel
February 10, 2018 2:10 am

Dear Nate,
I am intrigued by you post about homework being a priviledge or a punishment because this is something thats been very controversial during the past couple of years. Many say that homework will allow you to retain knowledge. while others mention that its just a waste of time, Like me. One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me was, “Finland got rid of homework a few years ago and are now considered one of the smartest countries in the world”. This stood out to me because I believed that homework was a part of every school, but knowing that schools in finland no longer assign homework and are considered one of the smartest contries in the world is amazing. I will give a second thought of doing homework when im assigned a whole lot of it. Thanks for your writing. I hope you continue writing about interesting topics such as this one.

Siedra K.
Siedra K.
November 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Dear Nate,
Your article portrays many ideas about homework. I believe homework does lead to anxiety and anger. Teachers do however understand that time is very hard to accumulate when we have a lot of tasks to get done. Teachers and professors have a profession in giving homework and assignments. Many students do not enjoy homework and would rather get everything done in class.Likewise, for me I actually like to do some of it at home because there are less distractions. My advice is to take time in class to slowly do your work and finish the rest at home. Moreover, this article gives a well defined analysis on opinions of homework

Cesario
November 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Dear, Nate
I agree with your post about homework, your post “Homework,Punishment or Privilege” because I would always argue with my teachers about homework or get mad. I thought t did because some of my teaches told me it helps us remember but when you said Finland took homework ff of school and now their one of the smartest schools I was amazed because that is a good piece of evidence. One part of your post that stands out to me is the evidence part about Finland because that is great piece of evidence. Another part I read is where you said is homework needed. This stood out to me because we need more people to ask questions like this.Your post reminded me of when i was younger I didn’t want to do the homework and felt like I didn’t need it. Thanks for your post . I look forward to see what else you have to say about the world.

Nevin
November 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Dear Nate, I also have heard about Finland getting rid of homework and now being considered being one of the most smartest countries in the world. Both arguments about homework beneficial and unbeneficial have a lot strong evidence on both sides.

4
0
()