Drew
April 17, 2021 12:23 am

Dear Nicolle:
I am intrigued by your poem, “Home,” because of the idea that with family you are at peace and always feel safe. It’s something I can relate to.
One line that stands out for me is, “The good and bad in these closed walls
Is home”. I think this line is so powerful because of the truth it holds, even when things aren’t the best it’s still your home/family.
Another line that stands out for me is, “But no matter where I go as long as I have family I will always be
Home.” I think this line is compelling because family is what makes a home, not the place/building it’s in. But the people that surround it.
Your poem reminds me of a song that I once heard. It’s called To build a home by The Cinematic Orchestra. It gives me the same vibe as this poem, basically about realization. And how you have to honor the memories.

Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Help on Youth Voices
1
0
()