Leya
April 5, 2024 11:53 pm

You explained really well how old rules and city plans made things unfair for different races and poor people.Talking about redlining and using highways to split up neighborhoods showed how people in charge did things on purpose to keep certain groups from having the same opportunities. You’re right that we need to learn from the mistakes of the past so we can make better choices that include everyone fairly when planning cities now. Helping people understand what happened before is important. Oh, and the picture you chose on accident or not is thought-provoking; the way the girl has no face speaks volumes and that is what initially drew me;

Rossanna
April 5, 2024 1:32 pm

I think your work is very informative. You did a great job including text evidence and incorporating it into your piece. I like how strong the title is.

Anaiya
April 5, 2024 12:11 am

Though I truly believe that you wrote this essay extremely well, I wanted to mention the cover that you chose to use. Not only is it very nice, it has a sad undertone making it align nicely with your essay. I really enjoy the correlation between your essay and your cover photo.

Morgan
April 4, 2024 3:45 pm

I find something specific in the picture you took, as its essence aptly reflects the themes discussed in the piece. Its portrayal is in perfect harmony with the text, giving the message greater complexity and connection overall.

Cash
April 4, 2024 3:34 pm

Your analysis of how historical policies, urban planning choices, and economic systems perpetuate racial and class hierarchies is insightful and thought-provoking. By examining the lasting impacts of redlining and deliberate urban planning decisions, you shed light on the systemic injustices embedded in our society. Your intention to promote inclusive policies and advance just urban planning practices is commendable and reflects a commitment to addressing historical wrongs and fostering a more equitable future.

How do you think individuals can contribute to promoting inclusive policies and challenging systemic inequalities in their communities?

Imisioluwa Josiah
April 4, 2024 3:29 pm

I love the photo and its relation to your topic. I like how you explain and analyze the topic by indicating Kruse’s article on the traffic jam. It also illustrates how the racial classes and class hierarchies interacted, and what led to the traffic jam being the way it came to be.

6
0
()