In the article “Hispanic Heritage Month” (btw) I learned that Hispanic heritage month is from september 15 to october 15 and its days were hispanics could celebrate and recognize the contributions, cultures, and traditions of Hispanic Americans. We could recognize hispanic heroes. The date begins in the 15 because it is Independence Day for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. September 16 is Mexican Independence Day, and Chile celebrates its independence on September 18. So as you can see all the days are very close showing us the importance of this month. Hispanics are a big majority of people now living in america and because we have contributed a lot to this country may it be financially through taxes or even through our culture or food america wouldn’t be where it is today without hispanics.

Do you believe Hispanic Heritage Month should be celebrated?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I believe Hispanic heritage Month is a month that should be celebrated with pride amongst our communities because its a month were we could be recognized for the greatness of our people.

Hello Francisco

I appreciate your post, “Hispanic Heritage Month,” because you bring to light the importance of celebrating such a diverse and amazing group of people. I also think that everyone, not only Hispanics, should take the time to acknowledge this month and take the time to appreciate the culture.

When you explained that, “The date begins in the 15 because it is Independence Day for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua,” it surprised me because it was something I did not know. I think this makes absolute sense to celebrate Hispanic Heritage month considering the fact that their independence days are close together.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it is evident that you have a lot to say about different cultures.

Jade

I totally agree, Hispanic Heritage month needs to be celebrated and recognized. We learn about Latin/South American land all the time in school and should in turn be educated on the cultural aspect as well. Just by reading this post I’ve learned multiple Independence dates I didn’t know about. We could all stand to learn more.

Madison

Hispanic Heritage month is very important, and without it, so many people around the country wouldn’t feel as close to their heritage without it. It is a great way to learn more about each other and even yourself.

Absolutley! I agree that America would not be what it is today with Latinx/Hispanic people, and the contributions of people in the community should be celebrated! Having this month, personally, allows me to connect and learn more about my culture.

Hispanic Heritage Month is so important! I love being able to celebrate it with my friends and family!

5
0
()