I discovered in the article “The Coming Break” that high school students should not be concerned about their final exams. This is true since stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things. Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals. They gave some suggestions of how to lessen stress, such as drinking less caffeine and resting more to prepare for the finals.

What do you think about finals?
1
Please leave a feedback on thisx

More stress-relieving options, in my opinion, is a good thing. It must be excruciating to be under such duress. A 5-minute stroll is an example of a stress-relieving activity. It’s also a good idea to get enough sleep before the finals. Now that winter break is approaching, students may want some stress-reduction strategies in order to do well on tests and finals.

Kelvin
September 19, 2022 3:22 am

Dear Fernando

I can relate to your “High School Stress” post because I’ve experienced stress and anxiety when finals come around. It can be overwhelming at times and it can actually get in the way of the finals.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “ Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals” because you stress yourself by really wanting to pass the exams it can overwhelm your thought process.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because this is something everyone undergoes at least once. It’s good to let everyone know what students undergo in school to succeed.

Viridiana
September 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Dear Fernando, I agree and can relate to your post, ¨High School Stress¨ because i know how it feels to stress over finals, homework, sports, and getting good grades so you make sure you graduate high school. But sometimes for me, I get stressed out even more because of my life outside of school. Sometimes it can get worse and you don’t know what to do anymore.

September 13, 2022 7:32 pm

Dear Fernando:
I am truly moved by your post, “High School Stress,” because it would be an understatement if I didn’t get past your explanation. That is for the reason of high school stress and students taking on their final exams as more responsibility. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It must be excruciating to be under such duress.” I think this is tense because after weeks of studying and staying up overnight you start to get strained. Your brain starts to malfunction and mislead you into wrongful excuses about being exhausted and worn out. 
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because of my interest in your thoughts and opinions. I strongfully agree with your statement and research. 
 Natalie

September 13, 2022 3:31 am

Dear fernando,  I agree with your post “High School Stress” because it’s an experienced that most teens face in their high school years. Including myself faced this problem feeling stress when some sort of final is around the corner. Having so much stress on you can cause problems in your social life and the way you handle things.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is “Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals.” That’s because it’s so true there have been many times where i’ve been stressed and not able to function. I believe that when anyone is working under stress people want to get done with it as fast as possible to end the stress.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to see what you write next, because i appreciate you talking about the stress of high school.

-Joel V

September 12, 2022 4:19 am

dear fernando i totally agree with your post “high school stress” since every student from grades 9-12 go through it all the time I belive that we shouldn’t be stressing out on our finals since some kids may have passing grades if you fail it might bring you down . in the other hand there’s kids that are failing but might have a chances to pass. in my belives I think that those that are passing the class shouldn’t take the finals but I do belive that those that are not passing the class could have a chances to take the final and pass. many students get overwhelmed sometimes get anxious and depress because of the cause with so much stress. i belive stress is no joke an d should be something to be taken care of because it can affect you in the over all of many things like emotion, mentally and physically .

one sentence that you stated and stood out to me was “stress may also cause the body brian to p erform poorly during finals” this casught my attention because ive been there and so have other students and we all seem tierd menatlly drained and emotially damaged because of all the stress that has been building up . Like i had stated ealier i belive that only those thta are failling th eclass should be the ones that take the finalses to boots there grades up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this i hope your thoutghs are herads by many taechrs and hopefully someday they undestand that we also need breaks as much as thye do . i always hear some teachers saying that have manys thing to grade but i think that the real stress is for those studnets espacilly those who give it there all and put in as much effort and still dont maange to get a passing grade or get the gread they want .

blanca sosa .

Last edited 13 days ago by Blanca
September 11, 2022 4:36 am

Dear Fernando,
I was intrigued with your writing on “High School Stress”, because I know how it feels to be under so much stress with finals, homework, sports, clubs and home life apart from school. I think managing school and extra curricular activities could be stressful as well as trying to help out at home with chores or babysitting younger siblings. I feel that this is something that’s very important because sometimes you can get overwhelmed with everything that youre trying to get done and youre running out of time, or you procrastinate and youre stuck doing all of youre work at the last minute. 

One sentence you wrote that really stood out to me was “high school students should not be concerned about their final exams.” This is because a lot of the time we as students stress a lot throughout finals week, or when any important tests or quizzes are coming up. But one question I’d like to ask is how do we not stress about these things? I think it is very hard to stay calm when you have any big things coming up. 

Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because in my opinion I think this is a very important topic to talk about. And also because I think a lot of students may also relate to this subject.
-Kimberly Equihua

Xavier Cruz
September 9, 2022 4:45 pm

Dear Fernando,

I am intrigued by your post “High School Stress,” because I know what it’s like to be stressed with having to show up to school and be expected to participate and be productive in every class. There are times when you are simply to tired and it can be stressful when you have work to do along with other things.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “A 5-minute stroll is an example of a stress-relieving activity.” I think this is interesting because I think that it is a good idea and could work but you would also need to have a lot of discipline to actually go back to work after five minutes. I know personally, I would get caught up in other things and get distracted.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this is an interesting topic and I would like to see what other topics you are passionate about. I will be waiting for another one of your posts.

Xavier Cruz

August 30, 2022 6:18 am
Dear fernando 

I Agree about your post, "high School stress" because i can relate to this by stressing before an assignment. I did not realize that stress can make you work less efficently until I thought about it. I also study late at night and also didn't realize it can cause 
more stress.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "stress can cause you to operate    less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things." I think this is 
agreeable because stressing makes me less focused in class. I also agree that students should use some of the stress relieving options.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this post was very relatble and believe that high school can be strssing if your not prepared. you described the importance of lowering stress witch I thought was very helpful to me. I really liked how this post caught my attention because of the topic.

-Jonathan Sandoval
August 30, 2022 2:02 am

Dear Fernando,

I am in full agreement with your post, “High School Stress” as I feel that many people can relate to this on different levels.

One sentence that stood out to me was, “It’s also a good idea to get enough sleep before the finals.” I find this to be important because most students put their sleep schedule off to the side in order to study late for the finals but I feel that that is not as efficient as they believe it is because when they are testing, they get tired quicker. Although I believe this, I know that people have different studying techniques and this may work better for them than it would others.

Thank you for speaking on the topic of high school stress. I look forward to your future posts.

-Geidi V

Abhit Mishra
Abhit Mishra
July 14, 2022 10:50 am

Stress not only affect our efficiency during working but also in communication. During our stress period, we want to avoide close people and want some space but this is not the solution, however a break is important during this phase but also we have to take care of our close one and talk to them if we don’t know how to deal with the stress. May be by sharing our problems to close one bring some relief. But I want to add one more thing try to avoid screen as much as possible in stress time, we forget how much time we spent in our phone or laptop. Try to avoid artificial thing and get into natural things, get some fresh air, walk, drink water. This might help in reducing our stress. Thank you

May 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Dear Fernando,

I am impressed with your post, ¨High School Stress¨, I can say that I agree with your opinion. I feel as though a lot of people actually relate to this.

One sentence that stood out to me is, ¨This is true since stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things. Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals.” I think this is important because it shows how negative stress can be. I also feel like we need to take into consideration the people that work at their best ability when they are stressed.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to what you have to say about next!

-Sophia Garcia

May 12, 2022 6:29 pm

Dear Fernando,

i would say that i agree on your post, ” High School Stress”, The reason why i agree with you would be because have been struggling to stay on their grades and still need to do stuff at home making them have even more weight on their back.

one sentence that stood out to me would be “This is true since stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things. Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals.” This just show how much students put so much and the school doesn’t see that and still put so much stress into the student.

Thank you for your writing, i would like to hear more on your writes

May 11, 2022 6:59 pm

Dear Fernando,

I agree with your post, “High School Stress” because during finals it can get really stressful and I end up focused on trying to do well that I often forget to slow down. This stress definitely hinders my performance so it would be best for me to try methods to lower my stress so that I can do my absolute best.

One sentence that stood out to me was “More stress-relieving options, in my opinion, is a good thing. It must be excruciating to be under such duress. A 5-minute stroll is an example of a stress-relieving activity.” I always feel much better after a walk or some other type of more rigorous exercise so I feel like if I did this I would be much less stressed. This could be particularly useful before an exam or presentation.

Thank you for reminding me of the importance of lowering stress. I look forward to your next post because I will be able to learn how to improve myself in other ways.

-Maritza ^^*

May 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Dear Fernando,
l I agree with your post, ¨High School Stress” because any final assessments or projects can be really stressful for students, and in some cases it can really harm some students more than others. I think that it is important to know how to handle stress and ways to improve on how not to struggle.

One sentence that really stood out to me is when you said, “Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals” I think that it is very important to get school work done but not to the point where we are damaging ourselves and not even realizing. 

Thank you for your tips on how to reduce our stress, I look forward to seeing what you write in the future.

Saray

May 4, 2022 4:19 pm

dear Fernando,
l I agree with your post, ¨High School Stress”. Because finals are stressful time for all students, and I think that it is important to know how to deal with the stresses so we can not only be stress free but also pass our finals.
One sentence that really stood out to me is when you said, “Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals” I think that it is very important that we pass all of our tests and it is not good that we are under so much stress it can actually affect how well we do.
-Nichole

May 2, 2022 4:09 pm

Dear Fernando, 

I am intrigued by your post, High School Stress” because it demonstrates how students are willing to prioritize their school work before their mental health. This is an ongoing cycle that is seen yearly it should eventually come to an end. 

One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me, “ This is true since stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things” I can say this is true because personally whenever I get stressed out I can’t focus on one thing due to the amount of worry I have. I also feel like when I am stressed I’m not performing at my best. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to hearing what you have t say next because mental health in a learning environment should be talked about more. 

Valarie 

May 2, 2022 6:16 am

Dear Fernando,

I am very intrigued with your post, ¨High School Stress¨ because it exemplifies the hardships that teenagers face on a daily basis. Stress can play a key role when it comes o challenges one must endure in order to pursue an education.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: ¨This is true since stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things. Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during finals.¨ I think this is true because when a person is stressed they can’t concentrate on certain things.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the topic of stress is an issue that needs to be spoken more upon.

• Brenda Ornelas
Jonathan
May 2, 2022 5:07 am

Hi,

It is interesting to see now that someone’s bringing up to what I believe is one of the school’s flawed systems. It’s unfortunate to see that schools are expected for you to be a competitive student. Some competition is good, but if you apply that too much, then it’s really bad for the students.

I do agree on this statement, “They gave some suggestions of how to lessen stress, such as drinking less caffeine and resting more to prepare for the finals.” People at young age shouldn’t really rely on usage of caffeine, having more sleep is more effective. It’s also a good idea to find ways of stress relief, especially if you are going to college.

Thanks for discussing of one of these topics of young adults’ source of stress.

Jonathan

April 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Greetings, Fernando

I’m interested by your article, “High School Stress,” because it appears that more than ever before, kids are willing to put their whole well-being on the line in order to get a good grade. Because the system tends to place a premium on grades over mental health, it’s encouraging that you brought this up.

One sentenced that stood out for me was, “Stress may also lead the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals,” you noted, which strikes out to me. I agree that stress makes me fatigued and makes it difficult for me to concentrate. It’s difficult to put those concerns aside when a student’s worth is evaluated by their letter grade.

Thank you for writing; I’m excited to see what you come up with next because this relates to all of us that go to school.

Ernesto

April 27, 2022 4:24 pm

dear fernando,

I am very intrigued but the fact that most students do have a lot of stress. Bringing this problem towards an audience would surely fix it. I feel like there should be more talk about the health of students everywhere because they handle so much stress but don’t know how to release it. Students get all the help they need for their studies so it’s pretty beneficial for them to get some rest.

I think if a student is stress ting then they should be given outlets, good ones because it could create healthy habits. Creating healthy habits in order to relieve stress will improve every students work, like how you said physical activity could be beneficial for them.

Thank you for writing about the importance of stress students have. I look forward to see what other topics you discuss.

Mia
April 26, 2022 9:59 pm

dear Fernando,

I fully agree with this post. I agree with the stress that we feel with being a senior and with finals. It’s not the easiest thing to manage as a young adult. I get that college is what is necessary for preparing us but having to stress about it at a young age is not okay. when looking at the other comments about schools only caring about grades and not mental health is very true. They kind of pushed our emotions under the rug because of the fact that they aren’t there to care about our feelings they are there to teach and teach only. i can also argue that some people don’t have time to be regular kids and only worry about school. some people have sports, babysitting, work, and problems at home that don’t allow us the full focus on studying and getting enough sleep.

Thank you for writing about this topic. i look forward to seeing you write later

April 26, 2022 9:01 pm

Dear Fernando:
I agree with your post, because students shouldn’t been stressed about they’re final exams in school. Stressful could affect our mood and would make you or us losing out motivation to do other things that we want.

One of the sentence that you wrote stand out for me is: “Stress may also cause the body to perform poorly during finals.” I agree because stress could make me or anyone tired and doesn’t let us concentrated. 
Thanks you for your writing. I’m looking forward to see what you are writing next time . 

• Jesus Rosas
April 26, 2022 7:40 pm

Dear Fernando,

I am intrigued by your post, ¨High School Stress¨ because it seems as if more than ever teenagers are willing to sacrifice their overall well-being if it meant they could receive a good grade. The system tends to prioritize grades over mental health so it’s relieving that you brought this topic up.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was, ¨I discovered in the article “The Coming Break” that high school students should not be concerned about their final exams.¨ This is because the examing period is when students are stressed and concerned the most. It is hard to put those worries aside when a student’s worth is determined based on the letter grade they receive.

Thank you for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Ashley Padilla

April 26, 2022 7:30 pm

Dear Fernando:
I coudlnt agree more with your post “High School Stress,” because it is impressive how stress can cause you to function less efficiently and haveit hold an impact on how you handle other things.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “high school students should not be concerned about their final exams. This has to be true because according to the article the more you stress it can cause your body to perform poorly during the finals.
Thanks for your oppion. Cant wait for what u have next for us.
Graciela

April 25, 2022 5:51 pm

Dear Fernando:

I agree with your post, “High School Stress,” because it is impressive how stress can cause you to operate less efficiently and have an impact on how you handle other things.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “high school students should not be concerned about their final exams. I think this is so true because according to the article the more you stress it can cause your body to perform poorly during the finals.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Jannette

Araceli Mata
Araceli Mata
April 19, 2022 9:49 pm

Dear Fernando:

I agree with your post, “High School Stress,” because I agree that students should not be stressed about their final exams. Stress affects our mood and makes you lose motivation to do other things.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Stress may also cause the body (brain) to perform poorly during the finals.” I agree stress makes me tired and does not let me concentrate. 

-Araceli

26
0
()