This is my body. In it are hidden emotions.

Emotions from a dark place with a burnt dust smell. That’s a Scary thing right?
This is a scary body and I’m a miracle, living in it.

My body deserves to be broken from this dark place of despair. 

My body is wrapped around a place called the past.
I carry the emotions of my past
And I pray to God I let go of the emotions of my scary past.

From the crying nights
To the long overthinking nights.
My body is a hallway with an almost never-ending dark place.

I’m brave enough to say I’m in a dark place
But also brave enough to say I will be victorious in this race.

“My mind is a hallway with an almost never-ending dark place.” This was very deep and really brought a lot of imagery to your article. I loved this. Good job.

Sam
Sam
September 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Raniyah,
This is a great poem! This is something that every teenager can relate to in one way or another. The ability to have courage when things get tough and perservere is an important skill we all must have to get through the stresses of our lives. Thanks a lot for sharing!

September 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Raniyah, your poem is incredibly inspiring and moving. I find myself relating to a lot of your poem and I commend you for being strong enough to write about your emotions and what you are going through. The statement “I am brave enough to say I am in a dark place but also brave enough to say I will be victorious in this race” stood out to me and inspired me to keep going. I hope this poem reaches more people, it inspired me and I know it will inspire others as well.

September 24, 2021 5:30 pm

This poem inspires me to improve my own mental health. Your courage in writing gives me courage to better myself. Many people struggle with their bodies and emotions. The goal in life is to surpass these struggles to a finish line of happiness.

Christopher Aguila
September 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Dear Raniyah:

I am inspired by your poem, “Hidden Emotions” because of your courage. You are not afraid to admit that you are not in the best place at the moment, but you know this and you have faith that your situation will improve in the future. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “To the long overthinking nights.” I think this is relatable because I too overthink. I overthink with even the simplest answer or choice. Over the years I learned that overthinking can cause more harm than good. I go with my gut, but I also use logic. If it’s a decision that will not affect me in the next 5 years, I will not beat myself up about it because it will not be worth it. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are an inspiring person and also a very strong person. You can do this, I believe in you!

Chris Aguila-OCHS

Ella
September 21, 2021 12:40 pm

I absolutely love the line “This is a scary body and I’m a miracle, living in it.” It’s a strong emotional, hopeful, turn. Keep up the good work!

11
0
()