King Arthur is a medieval figure who was the head of the kingdom Camelot and the knights of the round table. Arthur is widely popular to this day because this book contains elements humans personally relate to such as love, loyalty, temptation, and bravery. The stories of King Arthur have a similar story of him being good against evil and was a king who was not corrupt like the others. King Arthur was a military leader and was a hero to many people by taking the victory in many battles. Heroes today are the firefighters and police officers that risk their lives for everyone. 

On September 11, 2001, two planes got hijacked and targeted the United States. Two of the planes were flown in the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City.  Almost three thousand people were killed during the 9/11 attacks. In New York, “The twin towers were hit near the 80th floor of the 110 story tower, instantly killing and trapping hundreds of people” (911). As firefighters go in, risking  their lives to save others, the second tower gets hit near the 60th floor 18 minutes after the first plane hit. The collision caused a massive explosion that showers burning debris over the city and onto the streets below. America was under attack. 

A hero, Benjamin Clark, chief firefighter and former marine, is credited with saving hundreds of lives. He made sure that everyone on the 96th floor safely exited the building. Clark “then paused on the 78th floor to assist a woman in a wheelchair but sadly perished when the building collapsed” (History). He was only 39 years old leaving behind a wife, five children, and many grieving friends and relatives. He had uncommon courage and bravery and he will always be known as a hero to this day. 

King Arthur and Benjamin Clark relate to each other by both having bravery and loyalty to their people. They were both soldiers and risked their lives for their countries. Both of them represent faith, honor, courage, bravery, and loyalty. Everyone can be a hero if you just show loyalty and courage to others. 

Hey Gwyneth, this is an interesting take on the heroes of 9/11. I don’t think many would relate them to King Arthur but I think that was a creative choice. I do think it would be cool to see more personal traits that the firefighters had in common with king Arthur in particular but overall I like this a lot.

1
0
()