In the article, “Feeding the Community” (upfront) I learned that a school in Sanger, Texas has found a way to fight food insecurity. This is very helpful because not very many people are able to afford food in these tough times.  Linda Tutt High School recently opened a student-run grocery store that carries everything from produce and canned goods to dish soap and shampoo. This helps students because they are able to get some of the necessities they need and bring them home for their family to use as well. The project is especially important right now, as Feeding America predicts that the Covid-19 pandemic will leave 50 million Americans struggling with food insecurity. 

What do you think the government should do to improve the ability of all family’s to have food on their table?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think what is happening around the world with this pandemic is causing a huge crisis.  It’s especially horrible that some people are getting more affected than others.  It’s hard to imagine not having enough food at home or supplies. Students can also receive extra points by points for doing good deeds, whether it’s excelling in the classroom, helping other students, or working an on-campus job. People who go to this school are lucky to be able to receive all these items for free.

Source: https://upfront.scholastic.com/issues/2020-21/041921/feeding-the-community.html (Subscription required)

0
()