two men sitting on road

In the article, “Helping the Hungry” (Upfront) I learned that Henry Sowells wanted to help homeless people when the Covid-19 hit. He started woodworking, he started using his skills to create benches, chopping boards, and coffee tables, donating the profits to a local charity. So far, he’s made about 170 producers and raised more than $7,000. He mentioned that, “During the pandemic we had no school. So I decided to help Bethers Cares, our local shelter.” He also mentioned that meeting new people was amazing, and seeing others how much effort they put into this gives me more strength to continue doing this. 

I think what Henry is doing is amazing because he is helping others that they need more than he does, but also it gives him the opportunity to open more doors for him and continue helping more people. Is amazing the way that he has been trying to help people during this pandemic, even though we all have a difficult time, but he speeds the time helping others that also need help. 

March 26, 2022 5:51 pm

Dear, Monica I am touched by your post, ” Helping others” because you talk about how Henry Sowells is helping people since covid happened. I also learned that he helped Bethers Cares local shelter. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “So far, he’s made about 170 producers and raised more than $7,000.” I think this is amazing because he is helping people with his skills. And it’s surprising how he has already raised $7,000 to help others. Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I really enjoyed what you wrote about someone taking the time and effort to help others in these hard times. I was also very interested in your writing because I don’t think anyone would do what he did and it’s heartwarming to know that there are still good people out there.
Erika.

1
0
()