I remember the first day of my new school

I remember the tears in my eyes streaming down like a overflowing river 

I remember being attached to the tv for hours watching powerpuff girls everytime i came back from school 

I remember going to the park every weekend with my sister and cousin and always coming back with a scraped knee 

I remember the matching outfits my mom put me and my older sister in even though we were not twins.  

I remember every Halloween party we would do , dressing up as my favorite characters. 

I remember saying good morning to my fishie blue in his oversize tank everyday. 

I remember being excited to attend school everyday

I remember not having to worry about myself 

I remember going to amusement parks and having a belly ache after the sugary foods i had consume 

I remember talking to the sun and singing a song to it

I remember having it easy as a kid

5 1 vote
September 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Dear Bethzy,
I am touched by your poem, “Talking to the sun” because it creates the longing for my childhood once again. It has me miss the times I was a careless child that all I had to worry about was wanting a toy rather than worrying about school, life, money, etc.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I remember having it easy as a kid” I think this is so true because now as we grow older life starts adding more to the complications. Rather than believing as a child, I can’t wait to grow up we start longing for what it felt like to be a child again.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because this poem was meaningful and very heartfelt. It’s those moments that you miss of being a child that makes you feel like you never wanna grow up and only go back in time.
Aaliyah

September 8, 2021 2:08 am

Dear Bethzy,
I am touched after ready your poem, “talking to the sun” because it reminded me of how the world used to be when we were young and worry free.
One stentence that really stood out to me was when you said, ” I remember not having to worry about myself” this stood out to me because when we were little we didn’t worry about how we looked, or what we ate or even what other people really though of us, we were just happy children.
Thank you for writing this, I look forward to seeing what you write because I find what you write to be very intresting!

August 25, 2021 11:12 pm

Dear Bethzy:

I am sad after reading your poem, “Talking to the sun” because I am a teenager soon to become an adult. I am not sure if I am prepared for what the future has for me but will have to be ready. And until those days come I want to take advantage of the little moments that count on enjoying and having fun with life. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “I remember having it easy as a kid.” It is true because as a high school student I am more independent. I have to get things done at a certain date in order to be successful with my grades. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I know the difference between being a kid, into a teenager, and becoming an adult. I would like you to continue telling about how you got through all that or explaining what is your favorite part about being an adult now.

Saray 

Emmanuel
May 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Dear Bethzy:
I am sad after reading your poem, “Talking To The Sun,” because I can understand this. Anyone who has grown up can understand this feeling. Finally accepting that we are growing up is hard and terrifying.
One line that stands out for me is, “I remember being excited to attend school everyday”. I think this line is amazing. I feel like when we were younger school was more enjoyable, yet as we grow up its stressful. We grow to like school less and less. Another line that stands out for me is “I remember being attached to the tv for hours watching powerpuff girls everytime i came back from school”. I think this line is so nostalgic because I also remember come home from school and not being worried about homework os studying. Instead I could enjoy my free time and watch T.V after school which I can’t do now. Your poem reminds me of a story that I once heard. It was about these two girls who waited to have fun and finally live life u til the day before their graduations. Their entire life they worried about school and prioritized it a lot that they missed their teenage years. This helped me see and understand their feels although childhood and teenager years are different it did help to understand it better. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. 

Last edited 4 months ago by Paul
May 10, 2021 11:46 pm

I really like what you’ve written! I just gave my 8th grade students a similar assignment, and yours would be a great example to show them!

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
5
0
()