white red and green train in train station

I think we do have affordable easy transportation ways but, we could do better. In my opinion we should have a couple underground trains in the city. Having this would allow us to have less of a carbon footprint. Since the train would be underground the gas would not affect the air we breathe outside. It would also be cheaper because the train would not use as much gas underground because above ground trains have to go slower ;pedestrians, traffic lights, stop signs etc. It would also be a lot easier and more convenient for some people because it goes faster. It would also be cheaper due to faster transportation= less gas money. 

Reason 1: An underground train would be great for the environment because it would eliminate air pollution. When any vehicle is driving on the streets it is releasing exhaust into the air we breathe. The vehicle in question (underground) would not cause this problem. 

Reason 2: An underground train would also be cheaper for people to ride. This is because the train would run faster than a vehicle above ground. Faster vehicles don’t use as much gas. If the train was slow it would use a lot of gas and the train fee would be more pricey than the underground train. 

Reason 3: An underground train would be faster. Like I said in reason 2, the train is automatically going to be faster underground. This is because vehicles above ground have to stop for pedestrians, stoplights, stop signs, etc. Basically follow the rules of the road. While the underground train doesn’t. (Almost like a freeway but better). In my opinion. 

“On average, railroads are three to four times more fuel efficient than trucks. That means moving freight by rail instead of truck lowers greenhouse gas emissions by up to 75%, on average. … Zero-emission cranes transfer goods between ships, trucks and trains in ports and rail facilities. 

https://www.aar.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/AAR-Sustainability-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Source/Quote 2:   “Rail transport is the most environment-friendly way to travel. The greenhouse effect of gas emissions per kilometer on railway transport is 80% less than cars. In some countries, less than 3% of all transport gas emissions come from trains.”

December 16, 2022 6:36 pm

Dear Kira,

I am persuaded by your post about Underground Trains being more effective than the normal vehicles we have above ground because I understand your reasons like wanting for underground trains to be more effective and less polluting. Also, the reason that trains can transport things easier without stop signs or anything is also a good way to put how underground trains are effective.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is “An underground train would be great for the environment because it would eliminate air pollution.” I think this is supporting convincing people because everyone wants to hear about how to better help the environment and also help transportation at the same time.

Thanks for your writing and I hope I keep seeing more ways how to better help the environment and transportation that will end or stop the process of emitting green house gasses.

Francisco Duran

1
0
()