5 1 vote
April 7, 2022 4:43 am

Dear Guadalupe

I find your discussion post “Harry T. Moore” to be very important. Mainly because I have never heard of him before, so it’s great that you’re making his story, efforts, and accomplishments accessible to someone like myself. 

One sentence you wrote that really stands out to me is “He put his life on the line for the good of society, and although it shouldn’t be the sole duty of one, he woke up each day and did it.” I couldn’t agree more with your stance on this. 

Thank you for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next given how skilled you are at presenting information. Not to mention how you choose to write about such important topics.

Israel

Mia
March 14, 2022 3:40 pm

Thank you, Guadalupe, Most of the time when people are questioned to talk about black activists they are only looking or talking about world-known people like MLK, Malcolm X, or rosemary park. However, I find it amazing how you talk about other people. This man didn’t get ¨populur¨for all the effort he put in. Yet, I find it amazing how you talk about someone with a smaller platform because everyone’s voice needs to be heard.

Samuel
February 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Guadalupe, thank you for uplifting the work of civil rights leader and pioneer Harry T Moore. I especially liked that you featured him for his groundbreaking work against lynching and advocating for voter rights in Jacksonville, Florida.

I also want to thank you for the great response you made on Sianni’s Black Street Wall Street (U School) . Your response was on point. I really appreciate it when students from different locations can share their perspectives on platforms like Youth Voices. Keep doing your thing. You and my students at the U School give me hope for the future.

4
0
()