Harry Potter, the protagonist in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others.

One, he is rude. Two, he thinks the world revolves around him. Three, he always thinks he is right, but he is kind and always cares for his friends.

These traits influence his relationships with others. “Maybe he killed Myrtle, that would’ve done everyone a favor.” being rude comes into play here when Harry was being rude to a ghost..

Later, on another chapter, Ron Weasly interacts with Harry Potter, basically saying he would die for Harry’ “If you want to kill Harry you’ll have to kill us too!” Harry Potter’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of his kindness, and sparks a feeling of happiness.

Emmanuel
December 16, 2020 4:29 am

Dear Issy,
I am shocked by your post “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” because I feel like this is an unpopular opinion. Most people have chosen to ignore the rude remarks that Harry makes throughout the books and even the films. This post allows me to feel supported that other can see Harry’s rudeness but still enjoy his character because he is kind to his loved ones.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “One, he is rude. Two, he thinks the world revolves around him” I think this is completely true because although the whole series is about hi going against Lord Voldemort he always wants to be the hero. Throughout the movies and the first book we see that he could have avoided many things but he got himself involved. He got his house and friends in trouble because he gets himself involved.
Another sentence that I compelling was: “Three, he always thinks he is right, but he is kind and always cares for his friends.” This stood out for me because that’s the main reason why I don’t hate Harry Potter as a character. He can be rude at times but the love he has for other people especially growing up without any love just shows the person he truly is.
I do truly agree with you that this does affect his relationship with people. One reason I say this is because of how he treats his friends. Another reason I agree with you is because he never experienced love because of his aunt, uncle, and cousin.
Have you seen this https://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskelley/the-douchebag-who-lived ? I thought you might be interested in this because it explains more ways Harry was rude or not the greatest character as people think.
Thanks for your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I’m glad I found other who felt the same way about Harry Potter.

December 4, 2020 9:36 pm

Issy,
I like how you posted an analysis of a book! That is really cool. I think it would be interesting to compare the fictional literature to something in the real world. I wonder if you could discover any themes that are apparent in non fiction.

December 4, 2020 3:08 am

Harry Potter is something I never found myself getting into. Now I’m very interested in it. I definitly want to give it a read. It seems like a great story.

December 3, 2020 8:51 pm

Harry Potter is my favorite fantasy book series and some of my favorite movies. I think that the way you claimed Harry is rude is false. Yes, he does have his moments. For example in the Goblet of Fire, he thinks he is a little bit better because he is the youngest competitor in the competition. However, I think Harry has had a rough life and overall is just trying to protect his friends in the series.

Tasneem
November 23, 2020 11:15 pm

I re wrote it because there was grammar issues but this is the one you should read

Dear Issy :

I am shocked about your post, “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ,” because when I started reading I saw that you wrote that Harry Potter is rude.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “One, he is rude. Two, he thinks the world revolves around him.” I think this is wrong and weird because Harry is not a rude person in fact he is actually really respectful. Second thing is that he doesn’t think the world revolves around him, the world he is in does revolve around him as you can see if you read carefully or watched the movie he is the main character and the world is about harry; but i do agree with you if you think the teachers and the people there favorite Harry Potter the most which I kind of find it unfair lol. Anyways another sentence that I was confused about was: “Three, he always thinks he is right” This stood out for me because I don’t recall Harry Potter acting like he is always right,in fact harry just witnessed a lot of things that others never did and saw, so when he talks about them he is the right one because he is the one that witnessed it,additionally Harry actually doesn’t think he’s always right because Ron and especially Hermione taught and showed harry things that harry didn’t know about and harry never told them “no you dont know what your talking about, or told them they were wrong.” Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I’d like to see what you have learned about Harry Potter. BTW you should read all the books before watching the movie.
By : Taz

Tasneem
November 23, 2020 11:07 pm

Sorry i sent it twice my connection glitched

Tasneem
November 23, 2020 11:07 pm

Dear Issy :

I am shocked about your post, “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ,” because when I started reading I saw that you wrote that Harry Potter is rude.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ One, he is rude. Two, he thinks the world revolves around him.” I think this is wrong and weird because Harry is not a rude person in fact he is actually really respectful. Second thing is that he doesn’t think the world revolves around him, the world he is in does revolve around him as you can see if you read carefully or watched the movie he is the main character and the world is about harry; but i do agree with you if you think the teachers and the people there favorite Harry Potter the most which I kind of find it unfair lol. Anyways another sentence that I was confused about was: “Three, he always thinks he is right” This stood out for me because I don’t recall Harry Potter acting like he is always right,in fact harry just witnessed a lot of things that other never did and saw so when he talks about them he is the right one because he is the one that witnessed,additionally Harry actually doesn’t think he’s always right because Ron and especially Hermione taught and showed harry things that harry didn’t know about and harry never told them “no you dont know what your talking about, or told them they were wrong.” Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I’d like to see what you have learned about Harry Potter. BTW you should read all the books before watching the movie.

Tasneem
November 23, 2020 11:06 pm

Dear Issy :

By: Taz

8
0
()