black and yellow lego minifig

Harry Potter is a dynamic character. His archetype changes over the course of the book. At the beginning of the book, he is the archetypal survivor. This can be seen when the author writes about Harry’s mom and dad dying defending their son. So, in the book the author makes Harry the archetypal survivor.   

“Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign… to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.”

But by the middle of the story, Harry has begun to transform into the archetypal hero.  The reason why I think he is turning into a hero is that he now has the responsibility to protect his friends and stuff.  Evidence of this is when the book says, “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

Harry is no longer the person who shakes and quivers away from bullies and danger.

A reader will recognize that the turning point for Harry comes when he plays quidditch for the first time. The reason why I say this is because of the fact that he gets on a flying broom even though he was cared for, which means he faces his fears. Chapter 11 encourages this belief.

1. Alexis 1 week ago

Dear AlexR
    I am interested in your post,“Harry Potter,” because All the details u added in your post made the movie even more exiting to watch even thought i watched most of the movies.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Harry Potter is a dynamic character.” I think this is very accurate because though out the movie harry was changing he became more powerful mentally and physically
    Another sentence that I saw was: “Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.” This stood out for me because
    I do agree with you that “Harry Potter is a dynamic character.’ One reason I say this is because in the movie he changed from being weak to a whole different person.
    Thanks for your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post seems vary interesting.

2. Hai-Cheng 2 weeks ago

Dear AlexR :
    I am interested in your post, “Harry Potter,” because I’ve read and watched almost all of the harry potter franchise.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Harry Potter is a dynamic character.” I think this is correct because throughout the film and movie he changed depending on his friends.

Another sentence that I saw was: “But by the middle of the story, Harry has begun to transform into the archetypal hero.” This stood out for me because Harry Potter defeated Voldemort.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because…

3. Sara 2 weeks ago

I agree with your view of Harry Potter. He had some super interesting character development and you can see him go through that change across the series. When given a responsibility as important as protecting those you love you have to change something about yourself to keep up that responsibility.

4. Nico 2 weeks ago

I think that as harry faces more challenges, he becomes more courageous. In the first book he does not face the same challenges in the muggle world as he does in the wizarding world