I have started a new book by the name of Keeper by Mal Peet. From what I have read, I know that a little boy, coming from a very poor family/home, and with no skills whatsoever at the sport of soccer, grows up to win a very important trophy. Of course, the trophy is won from a very important soccer tournament a.k.a The World Cup.

The story begins with “El Gato”, sitting with the famous journalist, Paul Faustino, beginning the story of how a humble young boy grew up to be one of the world’s best goalkeepers. He states how he had first started playing with his “friends” in the neighborhood, and how he would always be the last pick due to his lack of skill.  

Some people will grow up in a hard, rough situation, but when you give your dedication and time, you will succeed. Although there may be tough obstacles or disadvantages, hard work always wins. I am really interested to see what is further to come in this book!

Photo by filipecastilhos

Ben
Ben
March 24, 2017 4:59 pm

I agree with your post. Talent is basically luck, and luck only goes so far before it runs out. That is why everyone is always told to work hard for what they want.

Josh
March 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I think hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. If you have more talent and you work hard you’ll beat the less talented.

Jesus
November 29, 2016 4:20 pm

I agree that if you put dedication, time and hard work you could accomplish your dreams . And even you have no talent you can be the greatest.

Marren
November 3, 2016 1:31 am

I also agree that hard work can help you accomplish many great things, but just like Allie said I think there is always some talent involved.

Brandon
November 2, 2016 1:22 pm

I agree. I don’t think you will find a single elite professional who said they did not work hard. Talent only get one to a certain level, hard work is what is needed to reach higher.

Allie
November 1, 2016 8:09 pm

I agree that hard work can lead to accomplishments great things, but it doesn’t always beat talent. The boy probably had some innate talent for the sport that allowed him to do so well with hard work.

Miguel
November 1, 2016 5:19 am

This book sounds like a really good book, it sounds like a very inspirational book that could probably lead many to do great things. I might have to read this book just to feel this type of inspiration, to work hard to achieve the “impossible.”

7
0
()